• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Spirits Bard and Undeath Warlock

We have a new UA release with two subclasses. The College of Spirits Bard is a fortune teller or spirit medium type character with a big random effect table. Meanwhile the Undeath Pact Warlock is a a do-over of the Undying Pact Warlock.

We have a new UA release with two subclasses. The College of Spirits Bard is a fortune teller or spirit medium type character with a big random effect table. Meanwhile the Undeath Pact Warlock is a a do-over of the Undying Pact Warlock.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 6.49.17 PM.png

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I will be happy to drop socalled imperialist apologetics, if others drop the racist hatespeech against white people.
Racism describes a system, one which white people benefit from in nearly every region of the world, and certainly in every EnglishIs in speaking region. Racism doesn’t happen to white people on account of being white, though it sometimes does on account of also being part of another group.

Certainly, no one in this thread has uttered a single word of hate speech against white people.

Apologizing for slavers and violent colonial imperialists comes close, though.

Stereotyping Brits, or Anglo-Americans, for that matter, isn’t the same as stereotyping Romani. Power dynamics matter, whether you want them to or not.

If we care about humanity, we have to trust that the humans who we are talking to can understand the difficulties that we have faced. Most humans can understand. Most humans want the world to be better.
Unlike you, I have met humans. I wouldn't trust one further than I could throw one.

Most humans are too stupid to understand anything.

Most humans want their own lives to be better, irrespective of anyone or anything else's.

Why? They don't seem THAT extravagant quite yet.
One is an very old idea reheated, the other is a reasonable idea but executed in a whacky fashion.

And both have game-breaking bugs that could easily have been avoided if properly thought through (it took us what? Less than 12 hours to spot them).

Unlike you, I have met humans. I wouldn't trust one further than I could throw one.

Most humans are too stupid to understand anything.

Most humans want their own lives to be better, irrespective of anyone or anything else's.

What is mine is yours, and what is yours is yours. That person is altruistic
What is mine is mine, and what is yours is yours. That person is normal.
What is mine is yours, and what is yours is mine. That person is idiotic.
What is mine is mine, and what is yours is mine. That person is malicious.

The world doesnt need everyone to be an altruist. It is ok to be normal.

But the world needs the altruists to be altruists. The survival of the world depends on it them.

If someone is truly an altruist, it is wise for them to find other altruists. There is power in numbers.

Moreover, if they find each other. If there are ten altruists who do everything in their power to empower each other, they are far more powerful than ten people who do everything to tear each other apart.

A group of altruists can do enormous good to help other groups.

What is mine is yours, and what is yours is yours. That person is altruistic
What is mine is mine, and what is yours is yours. That person is normal.
What is mine is yours, and what is yours is mine. That person is idiotic.
What is mine is mine, and what is yours is mine. That person is malicious.

This reads fascistic.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Heh.

To philosophize that it is ok to be racist against an entire race because that race is nothing except oppressors ...

How could that possibly be Good?

The philosophy is begging to do Evil.
But no one is saying that it is okay to be "racist" against an entire race or that an entire race is "nothing but oppressors".

As I stated in my previous post, the spiritualist stereotype doesn't apply to just the British—spiritualism was very popular in the US (especially after the American Civil war), and other countries, too. So, no British were harmed in the making of this subclass.

Secondly, the British aren't a race (actually, race doesn't even exist, it's a social construct that has no grounding in genetics), they're a nationality.

Thirdly, I'm not calling the British, themselves, oppressor. I'm stating the fact that the British have a history of being oppressors (along with several other European nations, the US, Australia, etc.) up to relatively recent times. So, this idea that you have of me saying that the British are "nothing but oppressors" is categorically false.

Fourthly, I'm not saying that it's okay to be prejudiced against British people (I like quite a few Brits — @Morrus being a fine example).

What I WAS saying is that, because of an unequal power dynamic, that it is far more hurtful to stereotype (or otherwise disparage) a group that has been/is oppressed than it is to a group that has more social/political power. Making fun of the filthy rich, for instance, isn't nearly as hurtful to the rich (who have extreme privilege) than making fun of the poor for poor people (who are underprivileged). That may not seem ideologically fair on the surface, but when you consider the inequality involved between the two groups, you'll see that the potential harm is also inversely unequal.

Remove ads

Remove ads