Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Spirits Bard and Undeath Warlock

We have a new UA release with two subclasses. The College of Spirits Bard is a fortune teller or spirit medium type character with a big random effect table. Meanwhile the Undeath Pact Warlock is a a do-over of the Undying Pact Warlock.

We have a new UA release with two subclasses. The College of Spirits Bard is a fortune teller or spirit medium type character with a big random effect table. Meanwhile the Undeath Pact Warlock is a a do-over of the Undying Pact Warlock.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 6.49.17 PM.png

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
That seems a silly diversion and childish attempt to have the last word in order to dodge the fact that cloying attempts to come off as virtuous and inclusive while undermining religious peoples is not very virtuous or inclusive.
Never mind the fact that I wasn't "undermining religious peoples" in any way shape or form when I said that people get tetchy about religion. Because the statement is true for both the religious and non-religious for varying reasons each. Stop reading into things that aren't there.

Kurotowa

Legend
The survey for this UA is up, and there are some new additions to refine the questionnaire. Besides adding a Don't Know/Not Interested option to the questions there are new questions asking if you actually playtested the subclass, if you've played the related class in the 5e era, and how interested you are in playing the subclass in a game.

I for one applaud the addition of these refinements. It lets me easily indicate that I'm neither particularly inspired by the Spirits Bard or interested in Bards in general, while I have experience playing Warlocks and would roll a new one to use the Undead Patron. It'll also help separate feedback from people who are eyeballing these subclasses in the abstract versus those who've gone the extra mile to try them in play.

Kurotowa

Legend
I honestly wonder how many people did the entire level 1-14 run of the subclasses (let alone a full 1-20 run). Mostly because I envy the heck out of having that much extra time.

Heck, no one's going to do that in two weeks. That's just putting the bar waaaaay too high. But some people will have jumped at the chance to convert an existing PC it fit exactly right, or tried using it in a one-shot adventure, or even just played out some gladiatorial matches with a hastily rolled template character. While the abstract white room theorycrafting we fall into on the forums has its place, so does actual play of any stripe, and it's good to distinguish the data sets.

Remove ads

Remove ads