TSR Unearthed Arcana: TSR Policies

knottyprof

First Post
That was hilarious. I think they violated many of their own code of ethics. I love #18 since LARPing is now considered just as mainstream as tabletop versions.

eondesigner

Explorer
An interesting read, thanks for sharing. Crazy to think they found it necessary to write these guidelines, they must have been under attack by 'moral' groups at the time. Imagine if novels or movies adhered to these rules.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
An interesting read, thanks for sharing. Crazy to think they found it necessary to write these guidelines, they must have been under attack by 'moral' groups at the time. Imagine if novels or movies adhered to these rules.

Many do. When's the last time you saw satanic rituals in Mickey Mouse or Toy Story? Every property (game, movie, TV, book, comic) has its own set of guidelines.

eondesigner

Explorer
I actually worked for Disney for a time and the guidelines for artists are surprisingly relaxed although there's so many approval processes that anything a little 'adventurous' tends to get removed or watered down along the way. I kind of understand a set of rules in place for kids media, but censorship for grownup entertainment starts getting a bit Third Reich, don't you think.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases