Unearthed Arcana Wound Points & Subdual

osarusan

Explorer
I'm using UA's Wound and Vitality hit point system in my game, and for the most part it's pretty straightforward. However, when it comes to dealing nonlethal damage I Get a bit confused.

It says that there is no nonlethal damage in this system; treat nonlethal damage as vitality point damage instead. My question is what happens after vitality points run out?

Does it start to deal wound damage? If so, then there is no difference at all between lethal and nonlethal damage.

Does it deal no damage? That seems a little odd... There's no real rules for knocking people out mentioned in this section... so what would you suggest?

Ranger REG

Explorer
d-minky said:
I'm using UA's Wound and Vitality hit point system in my game, and for the most part it's pretty straightforward. However, when it comes to dealing nonlethal damage I Get a bit confused.

It says that there is no nonlethal damage in this system; treat nonlethal damage as vitality point damage instead. My question is what happens after vitality points run out?

Does it start to deal wound damage? If so, then there is no difference at all between lethal and nonlethal damage.

Does it deal no damage? That seems a little odd... There's no real rules for knocking people out mentioned in this section... so what would you suggest?
In our Star Wars d20, we track nonlethal damage toward Wound Point when all Vitality Points are gone. Unless you have Martial Arts (or Improved Unarmed Strike), you cannot score critical hits to get damage multiplier benefit or bypass VP and inflict WP without taking the -4 attack penalty.

Remove ads