Level Up (A5E) "Untamed" synergy feats

Anselm

Adventurer
Each conjure spell has a rare version that doesn't require concentration--which probably exists for exactly this reason. Of course, your Narrator will have to decide if you can get the rare version. But honestly, if you're spending your ASIs on these feats, I know I would.

There's also a rare version of animal friendship which is semi-permanent which should help provide you with animal allies--and that's not even considering that as a druid, you probably have befriended some animals, plants, and maybe even fey anyway.
Yeah the rare versions for sure mitigate it a bit as an option. Again, dm intervention is required to get there. It's not quite as severe as my first impression but it's still awfully limited by things that are RAW and you can assume access to. Animal friendship and awaken seem like the only things that fit the bill without that intervention. Again, seems like not much is there for the investment required.

Thanks for the thoughts! Glad we found a couple things more than just "see if you can convince that squirrel to be useful"

Each conjure spell has a rare version that doesn't require concentration--which probably exists for exactly this reason.
If the spell doesn't require concentration, then the benefit of the feat doesn't matter anyway. So the original question still remains.

But @johna_thr33 's suggested adjustment is what I'd probably use.

Anselm

Adventurer
If the spell doesn't require concentration, then the benefit of the feat doesn't matter anyway. So the original question still remains.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would you not be able to utilize the feat on non concentration spells? We're talking about the benefits of living stampede, not untamed.

johna_thr33

Explorer
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would you not be able to utilize the feat on non concentration spells? We're talking about the benefits of living stampede, not untamed.

johna_thr33

Explorer
All the issues you were listing about Living Stampede stemmed from the restriction placed on spells by Untamed. If you fix that issue, suddenly you have access to a substantial number of beasts, fey, and plants to give benefits to

Faolyn

(she/her)

But @johna_thr33 's suggested adjustment is what I'd probably use.
In re-reading the feats, I'm not sure this follows. You can cast and concentrate on spells that are Self and Touch while raging, but that wouldn't affect any conjure spells anyway because they're not Self or Touch spells. So you cast the rare version of the spell that doesn't require concentration and you gain every other benefit of the feat chain.

Remove ads