Unusual Food Thread

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Today I learned that NZ and US chip dip varies. We use reduced cream they use sour cream.

Reduced cream basically only in Aussie and NZ.

Sour cream used on corn chips, wedges maybe fries. On potato wedges you might put sweet chilli sauce, sour cream, bacon and cheese/cheese sauce.

Team USA won.
Did they use Maggi onion soup for the dip, though?

Zardnaar

Legend
Anything like this in USA?

Turkish chicken shish with falafel. Technically the owner is Kurdish so slightly different than the other Turkish places. Delicious falafel.

IMG_20201028_175246.jpg

Special, garlic and chilli sauce.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Probably. There’s a sizable Mediterranean/Arabic/North African population here in D/FW, so there’s lots of different takes on the cuisine. And not always run by people of the same country.

For instance, I know a lot of Greek restaurants around here are run by Lebanese. And several places are not so much one country’s take, but rather a broader regional fusion. That said, I have eaten at Italian, Greek, Lebanese, “Persian“ (Iranian), Turkish, Armenian, Egyptian, Saudi, Ethiopian, Afghani, Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli places here.

And most of them were damn good! Which makes Mom happy, since that her favorite non-American cuisine.

Zardnaar

Legend
Probably. There’s a sizable Mediterranean/Arabic/North African population here in D/FW, so there’s lots of different takes on the cuisine. And not always run by people of the same country.

For instance, I know a lot of Greek restaurants around here are run by Lebanese. And several places are not so much one country’s take, but rather a broader regional fusion. That said, I have eaten at Italian, Greek, Lebanese, “Persian“ (Iranian), Turkish, Armenian, Egyptian, Saudi, Ethiopian, Afghani, Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli places here.

And most of them were damn good! Which makes Mom happy, since that her favorite non-American cuisine.

Kewl my mum liked it as well before she died.

We have Turkish each week before D&D. $12 meal here but I got the expensive plate.

The combo meal kebab/wrap, soda is $10.

Not much more than a McDonalds combo.

Zardnaar

Legend
Steak and Egg burger. Went to a place I hadn't been for a decade. Had better but everything was nice enough so happy happy.

IMG_20201030_174142.jpg

Eating more fish this year. Third time. Chips were ok, fish was quite nice with tartare sauce.

IMG_20201030_174134.jpg

Ye old fish and chips kiwi style.

Zardnaar

Legend
Chicken bacon burger with brie cheese and mango chutney.

IMG_20201101_094439.jpg

One of the best chicken burgers I've had. Breakfast menu at my local. Stinking hit day at 9:30 am late 20's.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Can’t say I’m a fan of mango*- in a chutney or otherwise- but that still looks good! Perhaps with a different fruity topping?

* I don’t hate them, but I don’t go looking for them either.

Zardnaar

Legend
Can’t say I’m a fan of mango*- in a chutney or otherwise- but that still looks good! Perhaps with a different fruity topping?

* I don’t hate them, but I don’t go looking for them either.

I thought it was different. Actually worked well quite surprised.

Prefer beef burgers but you can get pork, venison and lamb burgers as well (not at this place).

Original plane was blue berry pancakes but waitress talked us into trying this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases