Upcoming Age of Sigmar: Soulbound Releases

Cubicle 7 has been talking about the release schedule for Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, including the starter set, a new campaign, monster book, and more!

Cubicle 7 has been talking about the release schedule for Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, including the starter set, a new campaign, monster book, and more!

Age of Sigmar: Soulbound producer Emmet Byrne will be on our podcast, Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, this week to talk all about the game.

AoS_SS_Cover_Mock-Up-1.jpg
  • Crash & Burn (free adventure, next few weeks). The adventure sees the party set out from Hammerhal Aqsha aboard an Arkanaut Frigate bound for the city of Brightspear in Apsira. Unfortunately, even travelling thousands of feet above ground doesn’t keep you safe from the horrors of the Mortal Realms…
  • GM Screen with Cities of Flame (next few weeks). Supplement of 25 one-page adventures.
  • Starter Set (pre-order Q1 2020). 48 page adventure, 64 page city guide, characters, handouts, dice, etc.
  • Shadows in the Mist (preorder Q3 2020). Major campaign arc set in Anvilgard. 30 page guide and six adventures.
  • Champions of Order (preorder Q4 2020). Character options, new archetypes, talents, miracles, spells, endeavours.
  • Horrors of the Mortal Realms (late 2020 or early 2021). Monster book.
  • Steam and Steel (2021). Cogwork and endrineering wonders, vehicle rules, crafting.
  • Artifacts of Power (2021). New magical artifacts and spells.
AoS_GM-Screen_Cover-C7-and-OLP-logo-768x961.jpg

5atbu

Explorer
Thanks. Told me a lot. Seems very much a wargame campaign support structure, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It missed a human scale for me, but maybe that's since the video was such a top level overview.

I'd happily play, but it's not a setting I would feel attracted to without the joy of friends and shared stories.

TheSword

Legend
Thanks. Told me a lot. Seems very much a wargame campaign support structure, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It missed a human scale for me, but maybe that's since the video was such a top level overview.

I'd happily play, but it's not a setting I would feel attracted to without the joy of friends and shared stories.

I’m not a fan of the Age of Sigmar either and was incensed by the destruction of the old world. However, if I’m totally honest the old world lacked the human scale too until WFRP came along and tried to put meat on the bones along with great authors like Kim Newman (Jack Yeoville), David Ferring and Brian Craig. They have to start somewhere.

On a side note I am a bit mystified as to how the IP protection is supposed to work when there is nothing stopping a company making elves, orcs, HRE humans Etc to that scale and suitable for Age of Sigmar. Do they think we can’t recognize a oruk as an ork?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
On a side note I am a bit mystified as to how the IP protection is supposed to work when there is nothing stopping a company making elves, orcs, HRE humans Etc to that scale and suitable for Age of Sigmar. Do they think we can’t recognize a oruk as an ork?

A lot of people put values on labels and "officialness".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yes, I thought maybe they are hoping a generation is raised thinking there is a difference. Or perhaps it’s the kind of thing that goes down well in a board meeting.
In the case of D&D, it's certainly more so these days than it ever has been. I don't know about Warhammer though,

5atbu

Explorer
Official-ness is important to some.
They may also be distancing themselves from Tolkien or Blizzard IP.
I doubt this would stand up for long in the court case that isn't coming.

Azuresun

Adventurer
I’m not a fan of the Age of Sigmar either and was incensed by the destruction of the old world. However, if I’m totally honest the old world lacked the human scale too until WFRP came along and tried to put meat on the bones along with great authors like Kim Newman (Jack Yeoville), David Ferring and Brian Craig. They have to start somewhere.

Basically, there was a lawsuit by GW against Chapterhouse Studios, a third party company offering bits you could use to modify GW miniatures. A clown car of a court case followed, where Games Workshop failed on the very basics of IP law. Trademarking everything was a response to that, as well as cutting down on having army options in books (even things like weapon selection for characters) that weren't currently available as kits.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads