Upcoming Age of Sigmar: Soulbound Releases

Cubicle 7 has been talking about the release schedule for Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, including the starter set, a new campaign, monster book, and more!

Age of Sigmar: Soulbound producer Emmet Byrne will be on our podcast, Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk, this week to talk all about the game.

AoS_SS_Cover_Mock-Up-1.jpg
  • Crash & Burn (free adventure, next few weeks). The adventure sees the party set out from Hammerhal Aqsha aboard an Arkanaut Frigate bound for the city of Brightspear in Apsira. Unfortunately, even travelling thousands of feet above ground doesn’t keep you safe from the horrors of the Mortal Realms…
  • GM Screen with Cities of Flame (next few weeks). Supplement of 25 one-page adventures.
  • Starter Set (pre-order Q1 2020). 48 page adventure, 64 page city guide, characters, handouts, dice, etc.
  • Shadows in the Mist (preorder Q3 2020). Major campaign arc set in Anvilgard. 30 page guide and six adventures.
  • Champions of Order (preorder Q4 2020). Character options, new archetypes, talents, miracles, spells, endeavours.
  • Horrors of the Mortal Realms (late 2020 or early 2021). Monster book.
  • Steam and Steel (2021). Cogwork and endrineering wonders, vehicle rules, crafting.
  • Artifacts of Power (2021). New magical artifacts and spells.
AoS_GM-Screen_Cover-C7-and-OLP-logo-768x961.jpg

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
Basically, there was a lawsuit by GW against Chapterhouse Studios, a third party company offering bits you could use to modify GW miniatures. A clown car of a court case followed, where Games Workshop failed on the very basics of IP law. Trademarking everything was a response to that, as well as cutting down on having army options in books (even things like weapon selection for characters) that weren't currently available as kits.

Yeah, I’m aware of Chapterhouse. It was a good outcome in some respect as it encouraged GW to add a lot more variety into their kits. While more dynamic poses meant conversion was much harder, it also provided multiple versions, heads, weapons etc. the quality of kits like the Genestealer cult kits for instance are brilliant.

I think since Kirby left the head position they have returned to the strategy of making amazing models rather than relying on IP which can’t really be protected. Unfortunately they are stuck with the ridiculous renaming and attempt to trademark the Elf by calling it an Aelf.

It will be interesting to see how popular Classic Warhammer is when it relaunches in 2021/22

I just don’t se

GreyLord

Legend
Yeah, I’m aware of Chapterhouse. It was a good outcome in some respect as it encouraged GW to add a lot more variety into their kits. While more dynamic poses meant conversion was much harder, it also provided multiple versions, heads, weapons etc. the quality of kits like the Genestealer cult kits for instance are brilliant.

I think since Kirby left the head position they have returned to the strategy of making amazing models rather than relying on IP which can’t really be protected. Unfortunately they are stuck with the ridiculous renaming and attempt to trademark the Elf by calling it an Aelf.

It will be interesting to see how popular Classic Warhammer is when it relaunches in 2021/22

I just don’t se

They are launching Classic Warhammer?

Tell me more.

GreyLord

Legend

All they are saying at the moment is that they are working on it and they have big plans. Expecting it a couple of years off though this was back in November last year. I suspect 2021/2022

Effectively using the old world as the Horus Heresy.

I suppose that might work. A thirsty man denies no water...but...it could be so much more!

Have it case off into a parallel dimension or something where the old survives regardless, something APART and SEPARATE from the Age of Sigmar nonsense.

I suppose they have their fans of it, but it just doesn't interest me. I'd have rather they continued the true grim dark and perilous world than to create the New Age of Heroes/Sigmar.

TheSword

Legend
I
I suppose that might work. A thirsty man denies no water...but...it could be so much more!

Have it case off into a parallel dimension or something where the old survives regardless, something APART and SEPARATE from the Age of Sigmar nonsense.

I suppose they have their fans of it, but it just doesn't interest me. I'd have rather they continued the true grim dark and perilous world than to create the New Age of Heroes/Sigmar.

I think it just exists in a an earlier time period like the 30k. That hasn’t stopped them releasing a lot of books for 30k. I just hope it isn’t resin miniatures like 30k as I really don’t like finecast resin.

Retreater

Legend
I

I think it just exists in a an earlier time period like the 30k. That hasn’t stopped them releasing a lot of books for 30k. I just hope it isn’t resin miniatures like 30k as I really don’t like finecast resin.
I've heard that it's going to be a Forge World project, so take from that what you will regarding price, resin models, etc.

Dried

Explorer
Grrrrr. Annoying! I will likely have a very very small army then lol
I guess it'll be like Blood Bowl, Necromunda, Titanicus, etc. which are all made by Forge World.
They all have base model in plastic and conversion kits and special characters in resin. (And just for precision FW resin is not the same as finecast)

TheSword

Legend
I guess it'll be like Blood Bowl, Necromunda, Titanicus, etc. which are all made by Forge World.
They all have base model in plastic and conversion kits and special characters in resin. (And just for precision FW resin is not the same as finecast)
Oh really? That’s good to know... I thought it was the same. Phew. I’ve had so many things snap that were finecast.

Come to think of it, the forgeworld models I have - some of the monsters - have a greyer sheen to them.

Good call.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases