• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Upcoming Animal Planet Special

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
If you like strange critters, tune your TV to the Animal Planet cable channel on Tuesday, New Years Eve at 8 PM eastern, 7 Pacific for The Future is Wild.

The time is 200 million years in the future. The promos show a series of outre beasts that look real interesting. It would be interesting to see how people stat them up. Especially the brachiating spider thing.

orbitalfreak

First Post
Sounds cool. I remember a few years ago on Discovery Channel they had a show exploring what life on other planets could be like, and it was quite interesting. Hope this is just as good.

Bamphalas

First Post
After Man

After Man: A Zoology of the Future, by Dougal Dixon, was a book I read a long time ago which has its own variations of future species. It provides a lot of inspiration on how future animal species might evolve. I used it for concept material for my campaigns as well as my Underhive game. I'm looking forward to this special on Animal Planet. Did any of you catch the glimpse of what appears to be an enormous land squid? :eek:

After Man Book on Amazon

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Correction Time

The show airs New Years Day. My mistake. Check your local listing for time.

I want to know what's up with that whale snake. And that spitting ant. I suspect the special was "inspired" by After Man, though I hope it doesn't fall into the "introduced species die out in Australia" trap Dixon's work did. That part never made sense frankly.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
:) It's funny that I was just about to drop an Email your way, Col_H, to point out this thread to you when I noticed that you posted. :)

cdtaylor

First Post
The series has show 6 shows in the UK so far and it is excellent. They cover the evolution of the Earth at various times up to 200 million years.

The silver spiders that farm small rodents are especially good for the arachnophobes.

Remove ads