D&D 5E Update avaliable

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Perhaps I missed this, but is there anything that stops a druid who is damaged out of a particular form, from transforming into another form in the next round?

If not, it's going to look a lot like, "Kill the bear, druid turns into a wolf. Kill the wolf, druid transforms into a panther. Kill the panther, druid turns back into a bear." Et cetera and et cetera.

Kinak

First Post
Perhaps I missed this, but is there anything that stops a druid who is damaged out of a particular form, from transforming into another form in the next round?
You can only wildshape once between long rests until 8th level, then twice between long rests after that.

But that's still 104 HP worth of battle shapes at 8th level and 194 HP at 10th. Which, I have to say, is an awful lot of HP.

Cheers!
Kinak

Salamandyr

Adventurer
You can only wildshape once between long rests until 8th level, then twice between long rests after that.

But that's still 104 HP worth of battle shapes at 8th level and 194 HP at 10th. Which, I have to say, is an awful lot of HP.

Cheers!
Kinak

Thanks. Now that you mention it, I recall that part, but then it completely slipped my mind.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Wow...the oath of vengeance paladin gets haste, misty step (mini-dimension door), dimension door, air walk and a handful of useful spells like scrying and hold person to go with the excellent buffs, smites, and auras all paladins have. Gish in a can....definitely my choice of oath (though the other oath is quite nice as well).

Warbringer

Explorer
Druid Circle of the Moon, Panther at 2nd level: (25hps, Stealth +9, 1d6+2/+4); at 6th, Bear: (88hps, advantage on Search and Perception, 2d6+4,+6).

A little over the top..

Also, why are they list the mental stats in the Beast formats? Why list skills "+", surely that is proficiency + mental stat?

Confusing...

Druid Circle of the Moon, Panther at 2nd level: (25hps, Stealth +9, 1d6+2/+4); at 6th, Bear: (88hps, advantage on Search and Perception, 2d6+4,+6).

A little over the top..  

The ACs are pretty low, though, and damage is not exceptional. I don't see it as unreasonable compared to say a fighter of the same level. The druid can melee for a little while, but can't keep it up all day.

Warbringer

Explorer
The ACs are pretty low, though, and damage is not exceptional. I don't see it as unreasonable compared to say a fighter of the same level. The druid can melee for a little while, but can't keep it up all day.

true, but those 88hps are on top of their actual hps.

i do like they can't cast until 20th, and that really keeps. the power in check.

Question: can you shift between forms without going back to human form?

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads