D&D 5E Update avaliable

Atomo

First Post
Ok, now paladins gain spellcasting bonus from holy symbol. Just rangers do not have a spellcasting bonus, even if I bet they will get one in the final product.

am181d

Adventurer
So Druids and Paladins got updated, but it looks like we didn't get the save DC for Dragonborn. Was that covered anywhere?

Atomo

First Post
Is it just me or druid are seeming a bit overpowered here? All that forms right on 2nd level (and two more shapes if Circle of Moon)?

gyor

Legend
Most of the shapes are small animals and herbivores.

Anyway I see that the avenger, feels like an Avenger, between spells like misty step, to channel divinity Abjure Enemy and Oath of Enimity. The only problem is the Avenger steals the Favoured Souls stuff again at level 20, The 20th level power undermines and blocks the Avenger feel because it comes at rhe expense of the Oath of Enimty.

I'd replace the level 20 CD with the ability to get two enemies with Oath of Enimity.

And it needs an oath feature some where between 8th level and 18th.

The Druids new wildshape seems find.

Atomo

First Post
Most of the shapes are small animals and herbivores.

Agree, but they take all that forms on level 2. This means they can fly, breath underwater, and so on... right on level 2. One or other of these perhaps would be ok. But all avaliable, I do not know... Need a playtest on my table to discover how it turns out.

Kinak

First Post
The new druid design seems pretty cool, if a bit overwhelming. That's a lot of options to suddenly get at 2nd level, but which ones do what is fairly intuitive.

I'll be interested in seeing playtesting on battle shapes. That seems like an awful lot of temporary hit points, but their ACs are low enough it might actually work out okay.

There are also a few extra nice touches, like the damage rolling over when you're kicked out of a form and Circle of the Moon being able to go into wild shape as part of their attack.

I can't speak for similarity to the 4e Avenger, but the new Paladin Oath looks fun as well.

So Druids and Paladins got updated, but it looks like we didn't get the save DC for Dragonborn. Was that covered anywhere?
8 + Con bonus + Proficiency bonus from James Wyatt on Twitter.

Cheers!
Kinak

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Huh, I didn't really see it as a "lot of options". I've got a feeling if they'd written "a druid has the ability to transform into a small animal", it would have struck people as really limited. Instead they exactly demarcated what small animals you can turn into. Seems limited and fair to me.

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads