• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E UPDATE on 4e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crothian said:
Because they've always allowed people to get a new name, say whatever they want and make un based claims without reprucussion
Have you been to NTL recently or something? :p

The Shaman

First Post
Here's the REAL scoop on 4e:
WotC is buying Castles and Crusades from Troll Lord and releasing it as the fourth edition of Dungeons and Dragons.

You heard it here first. :)

Andor

First Post
It's all a blatent misunderstanding.

You see 4th Ed DnD will be magic card based, but nor Magic the Gathering. You see crack R&D teams at WotC* have discovered how to implant spells into a card format. So when the encounter calls for 3 goblins the GM simply lays three goblin cards on the table and sprinkles them with activator (fresh hampster blood) and *poof* 3 goblins appear on the table for the PCs to deal with.

Some of the great benfits of this system include:

1) No more dice cheats.

2) No more speculation on the meaning of hit points.

3) Players will pay FAR more attention to encumbrance.

4) No more acting out of character.

5) Simplified 'real time' initiative.

6) Easy crossovers with d20 Modern.

DnD 4e Magic Cards, coming soon to a game store near you.

* Why did you think they are called Wizards of the Coast?

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
Uh, guys?

CPZ is in my weekly tabletop group. I'm pretty sure the whole "4th edition news" thing is heavily tongue-in-cheek, laced with a heavy dose of irony.

I think he's somewhat amused at how seriously everyone takes these posts, to the point of wanting his identity exposed, having him banned, crosses burnt on his lawn, etc.

My suggestion: read his "4e update/news" posts as equivalent to a Saturday Night Live sketch, and move on.

;)

Jim Hague

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
Uh, guys?

CPZ is in my weekly tabletop group. I'm pretty sure the whole "4th edition news" thing is heavily tongue-in-cheek, laced with a heavy dose of irony.

I think he's somewhat amused at how seriously everyone takes these posts, to the point of wanting his identity exposed, having him banned, crosses burnt on his lawn, etc.

My suggestion: read his "4e update/news" posts as equivalent to a Saturday Night Live sketch, and move on.

;)

Uh huh. It might be better if, y'know, the posts actually seemed funny or ironic. Me, I just IL'ed him. These trolls're getting on my nerves.

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
Jim Hague said:
Uh huh. It might be better if, y'know, the posts actually seemed funny or ironic. Me, I just IL'ed him. These trolls're getting on my nerves.

Hey, I never said they were *effective* in their irony/humor/satire whaddever.

Although I have to say: *I* for one found them amusing. ;)

Cowpie Zombie

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
Uh, guys?

;)

LIAR! LIES, I TELL YOU!

I HAVE A SOURCE!

4e is COMING! IT'S COMING!

It'll be CCG based! It'll ROXXORS1!

It . . .

It . . .

Aw, shucks. Spoilsport. :p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads