D&D 5E Update: pdf links are being sent! Lankhmar 5e, Monsters & Magic of Lankhmar from Goodman Games indogogo is live

Lycurgon

Adventurer
Seems it is not much of Lankhmar in the book, just the monsters and magic of the world (as the title says). With 20-24 pages and includes 17 monsters, and, I think, 6 spells (Enchantments), and 8 magic items (Arcane Wonders), there is likely no room for other stuff. I would prefer a Lankhmar city guide than just this but the price is good so I will get it anyway.

Well, I have made my first IndieGoGo pledge.

They said on YouTube that this is just the first planned Lankhmar 5E book. They're just seeing if there's interest.

Given that Lankhmar is the template for all big sprawling corrupt fantasy cities (Goodman is underselling it, honestly; everyone has just been ripping off Lankhmar forever), I'm intending to use this with my Ptolus game, just sanding off the names.

I'm hoping this does well enough that we'll see a similar book for Dying Earth. Monte Cook's got nothing on me for loving wizard stuff.
Yeah this is a curious decision. I like Goodman but this is a head scratcher. I am sure there would be incredible enthusiasm for Lankhmar 5e but this tepid offering on a crowd funding site that tends to garner less interest than kickstarter is not going to really give them much information.

darjr

I crit!
Nice.
7734EB1B-A77F-4CA0-A714-A0375757A2BD.jpeg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yeah this is a curious decision. I like Goodman but this is a head scratcher. I am sure there would be incredible enthusiasm for Lankhmar 5e but this tepid offering on a crowd funding site that tends to garner less interest than kickstarter is not going to really give them much information.
Apparently there's some strategy there, as Kickstarter doesn't promote projects from publishers who are constantly putting new stuff on their platform or something. (Also, there are also lots of people leery of Kickstarter after their weird blockchain declaration, so Goodman may be testing to see where the audience is now.)

Apparently there's some strategy there, as Kickstarter doesn't promote projects from publishers who are constantly putting new stuff on their platform or something. (Also, there are also lots of people leery of Kickstarter after their weird blockchain declaration, so Goodman may be testing to see where the audience is now.)
I don’t think so. Kickstarter gets way more traffic at least for RPGs and projects average a much higher total on Kickstarter. At least for English products; Gamefound seems quite popular for some European based projects.

I suspect it is because Goodman has several other Kickstarters pre-filufillment.

That aside, this project is disappointing. I would be all in for 5E Lankhamr boxed set like they did for DCC but I might pass on this.

It would be helpful if the video showed some actual content too.

Dire Bare

Legend
I don’t think so. Kickstarter gets way more traffic at least for RPGs and projects average a much higher total on Kickstarter. At least for English products; Gamefound seems quite popular for some European based projects.

I suspect it is because Goodman has several other Kickstarters pre-filufillment.

That aside, this project is disappointing. I would be all in for 5E Lankhamr boxed set like they did for DCC but I might pass on this.

It would be helpful if the video showed some actual content too.
While it's all relatively recent, there are a number of big-name RPG publishers leaving Kickstarter for BackerKit, Indiegogo, Gamefound, and other platforms. Kickstarter still rules the roost in crowdfunding, but they are starting to lose their edge.

Remove ads