D&D 5E [Updated 2019] Fralex's Expanded Alchemy: Ingredient-foraging rules, extra items, and more

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
You bring up an interesting dilemma. The best answer I can think of is to have it be limited by the amount of ingredients a player can take from a given area. Either they'll have found all the mature herbs/the checks to locate more get too high, or the local herbalist shop runs out of their current stock because the player bought it all. I don't know what the hard numbers on those limits should be, and it may be different for different campaigns (some feature more travel than others), but that's essentially a more realistic way to put a cap on the maximum number of items a player can stockpile without relying on encumbrance.

We are in agreement on the need for a special resources that is limited, and that the number of resources is a great way to balance the alchemist character.

*however*, what should that number bit is an unanswered question. If you look at the old thread ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ive&p=7323842&highlight=bloodroot#post7323842 ) this is essentially what I was asking. I never got a very satisfactory answer. Some people just couldn't accept the premise.

Fralex

Explorer
Hello again. It's been a while. I haven't actually stopped working on this system, though, I've just been keeping the changes on my own computer. I think I'm ready to share the new version with you all, though. Let me know if you use it and how well this new version works! Here it is!

maelstrom238

Villager
Hello again. It's been a while. I haven't actually stopped working on this system, though, I've just been keeping the changes on my own computer. I think I'm ready to share the new version with you all, though. Let me know if you use it and how well this new version works! Here it is!
No such Doc. I'd really enjoy a pdf please... and other items you've created as well.

Remove ads