• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UPDATED] CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR: Watch the UI Overview

Trapdoor Technologies, who are running the Codename: Morningstar Kickstarter for the electronic tools suite (launching with Pathfinder) has created a short User Interface Overview. This 2-minute silent video quickly shows you some of the functionality in the product, including character generation, party messaging, adventure browsing, product shelf, store, dice roller, and adventure creation and publishing.

Trapdoor Technologies, who are running the Codename: Morningstar Kickstarter for the electronic tools suite (launching with Pathfinder) has created a short User Interface Overview. This 2-minute silent video quickly shows you some of the functionality in the product, including character generation, party messaging, adventure browsing, product shelf, store, dice roller, and adventure creation and publishing.

The full Kickstarter is here. It has currently raised $19,000 of its $425,000 goal.

The below video has been updated with a new one which contains a soundtrack.

[video=youtube;QwHmy-J6l-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwHmy-J6l-0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hollow Man

Explorer
Yep, it's there. My apologies...I missed it. That's what happens when I try to find things on my phone rather than a computer. I believe I missed tapping "More comments". I could blame Facebook for forcing me to see what it THINKS it wants me to see, but that would be weak.

Again, my sincere apologies.

-HM

Heya ENWorld. It's been awhile since I've been here - to be honest, I've been a little scared :)

Rachael, I can totally understand why you have been a little scared to post. I feel bad myself for shunning the KS with the loss of 5th Ed. That's not Trapdoor Tech's fault and the backlash from the RPG community has been well... not so embracing...

After listening to your interview with Ben Loomes today, I had to really go back and read most of the posts related to MorningStar to get a grasp on what your guys are wanting to bring to the future of gaming.

I think I finally get it, though I have Herolab and Realmswork, what you're doing trying to provide is another layer of gaming. I hate the way PDFs are used for navigating, it's almost as bad as a book if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I'm tired of Pathfinder but understand why they would be your next choice.

Anyway... as a gamer and wanting to see new ideas to flourish my gaming, I will now go kick in some cash to the KS. I know it's too late and it's just not possible to make the $450,000 but I am pledging to show moral support to you guys. If by the will of Odin you guys fund, I'll buy you dinner at Gen Con, for you to enjoy your dinner while I eat my words. :)

Seriously, I hope you guys find a way to keep at this after the KS is done. The pebble starts small coming down a mountain but that momentum can carry boulders further down the path.

Wishing you guys the best with the holiday tomorrow and the future of Morningstar.

Rachael, I can totally understand why you have been a little scared to post. I feel bad myself for shunning the KS with the loss of 5th Ed. That's not Trapdoor Tech's fault and the backlash from the RPG community has been well... not so embracing...

After listening to your interview with Ben Loomes today, I had to really go back and read most of the posts related to MorningStar to get a grasp on what your guys are wanting to bring to the future of gaming.

I think I finally get it, though I have Herolab and Realmswork, what you're doing trying to provide is another layer of gaming. I hate the way PDFs are used for navigating, it's almost as bad as a book if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I'm tired of Pathfinder but understand why they would be your next choice.

Anyway... as a gamer and wanting to see new ideas to flourish my gaming, I will now go kick in some cash to the KS. I know it's too late and it's just not possible to make the $450,000 but I am pledging to show moral support to you guys. If by the will of Odin you guys fund, I'll buy you dinner at Gen Con, for you to enjoy your dinner while I eat my words. :)

Seriously, I hope you guys find a way to keep at this after the KS is done. The pebble starts small coming down a mountain but that momentum can carry boulders further down the path.

Wishing you guys the best with the holiday tomorrow and the future of Morningstar.

Thanks Brock :) Your post brought a serious smile to my face and was much appreciated. We hope to see you again in the new year ;)

"That's not Trapdoor Tech's fault and the backlash from the RPG community has been well... not so embracing.."

Trapdoor has made some very arrogant posts and they set their KickStarter goal about ten times higher than it should have been. I would have been very surprised if the RPG community had embraced them. PR is a big part of business, and they are terrible at it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads