[UPDATED] Dragon+: An Official D&D iOS App

Dragon Magazine on iOS apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

Dragon Magazine on iOS

apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

View attachment 68157

Dargrimm

First Post
Hi, I live in Japan. I just saw the news article this morning (on my iPad), clicked on the embedded article, went right to iTunes, downloaded it and started reading before coming back here to check out the comments.
Definitely available in Japan.

Well, I could swear that when I checked it didn't show anything... but after reading your post I checked again and there it was!! Perhaps the link didn't work correctly the first time or perhaps it wasn't available yet when I checked, I don't know. Anyway now it IS available so, it doesn't matter. Thank you for pointing it out!!

Klaus

First Post
Ok, finished the first issue. The articles are short but well written, and there's a comic at the end (just like the old Dragon mag!)

Two of the articles were written from the perspective of a player character. For example, there's an article written by a ranger that's like a travel guide to the Desarim Valley. It's like an excerpt from a Lonely Planet guide. Here are a couple small samples: http://imgur.com/a/0lcwE

Does it have art credits? Android-using inquiring minds want to know. :)

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
In regards to the iOS/Android question, I'd imagine that it's the same reason that many apps like this release on iOS slightly earlier. Because iOS has less versions and interfaces on the market, it's often said to be easier to send out the first version to iPhone/iPad users, where the smaller install-base is actually a benefit in reporting the initial design issues while the final coding for Android (especially dealing with the various versions across the globe) is completed.

I downloaded the app, but haven't gotten the chance to go through the first issue fully yet. I like the use of the Newsstand mechanism as a way of pushing through content, and I'm glad to see that WotC is continuing to focus on giving us a lot of free material. The major reason that I never got into 4e was that I didn't go into the digital tools and quickly fell behind the digital errata (such that my physical copies of the books felt out of date quickly for a system that I had little mastery in). The way that 5e is being managed is perfect for those of us who aren't able to afford spending a lot of money on the hobby any longer at this point in our lives. And the style of information being produced is very nice, rather than the plethora of new crunch that the last fifteen years inundated us with.

Paraxis

Explorer
Is there any new crunch material? Like feats, subclasses, races, spells, stuff like that. I care nothing at all for a bunch of fluff about the forgotten realms or wherever.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Does it have art credits? Android-using inquiring minds want to know. :)

I saw the name of a Welsh artist in there.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 522
Last edited by a moderator:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Oh god, I'll admit I'm surprised Mr. Perkins. The successor of Dragon magazine is an Iphone app. I know I've always dreamed of reading the campaign settings and other D&D publications on the small screen of my android. On the bright side of things, I don't think their could be worse news, so smooth sailing from here.

You know you'll be able to read it on a big screen too, right? "we want Dragon+ to have DM and Player content, along with pc/console/mac/mobile content". But even if they had not said that, you can load and use an Android app on your PC or Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
People may need to curb their enthusiasm a bit.

Its light and fluffy. Oriented towards pushing the new storyline. It has cute and clever, but it may not be what people are hoping for.

Remove ads

Remove ads