[UPDATED] Dragon+: An Official D&D iOS App

Dragon Magazine on iOS apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

Dragon Magazine on iOS

apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

View attachment 68157

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Pretty nifty, just downloaded on my ipad and iphone, lots of content, basically its Dragon magazine as an app, like Newsweek or Entertaiment weekly. Looks like for next month they have an article about Ed Greenwood lined up. Really hope he becomes a regular contributor, EG is the reason I fell in love with the Realms, his articles really were formational material for me. Pretty excited to have Dragon magazine back in a way that is at my fingertips.

Kuddos to Wizards for delivering this in a smart and surprising way!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dire Bare

Legend
You know you'll be able to read it on a big screen too, right? "we want Dragon+ to have DM and Player content, along with pc/console/mac/mobile content". But even if they had not said that, you can load and use an Android app on your PC or Mac.

Mistwell, please, you are interfering with our time-tested traditions in this community of complaining about free stuff. Your accurate reading of the news release and your reasonable solutions do not belong!

Sonny

Adventurer
One of the most interesting pieces of information is the fact that Chris Avellone ( Creative Director of Obsidian Entertainment) has a Icewind Dale short story coming out next issue. Unless it's a reprinted or an old story it seems odd someone in his position would be working on a D&D story given Feargus's (CEO of Obsidian) opinion of D&D's direction lately.

myscha_sleddog

First Post
It's cool! I like it!

Images need to support rotating better. A touch too much dude pics taking up screen real estate imo. Great to see Neverwinter info in there because the info through ARC is too marketing and patch update oriented. Has a great magazine feel. Nicely done. It's about time PnP games started using the internet in a cohesive brand customer facing manner. Paizo could do the same to be honest. Their site is rather 90s. Fantasy Grounds has an advert in the magazine. See the Village of Hommlet black and white sketch from Dave Trampier from the original module shows class :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hussar

Legend
Sure, it's pretty light on crunch. But, it's also a first issue, so, I'd expect it to be light on crunch. It'll get there eventually.

Hrm, I wonder if we'll see any submission guidelines like the old Dragon. That would be cool.

And, now I have a reason to have that bloody Newsstand app on my iPhone which I could never delete. :p

Remove ads

Remove ads