[UPDATED] Dragon+: An Official D&D iOS App

Dragon Magazine on iOS

apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

View attachment 68157

Last edited by a moderator:

coz

Explorer
I guess I should be grateful that it's free, but it's in the newsstand app, an app I never use and have in a difficult to access spot of my phone b/c until now it's been so useless. I would rather read this on my PC than my phone, if it's free anyway I hope they release pdfs instead of sticking to an app.

Gecko85

Explorer
I guess I should be grateful that it's free, but it's in the newsstand app, an app I never use and have in a difficult to access spot of my phone b/c until now it's been so useless. I would rather read this on my PC than my phone, if it's free anyway I hope they release pdfs instead of sticking to an app.

All content in the newtsstand app comes up in spotlight search. Pull down from the center of your screen to pull up spotlight search, type "dragon" and it'll pop right up. No need to know what page it's on, what app it's in, etc. Super easy, takes a couple seconds.

This is certainly a cool surprise. It's not like people have been asking for the return of Dragon for a while. ;)

A newsstand app certainly makes the most sense. It doesn't rely on people visiting the website for content and fits the modern paradigm of newsmag consumption. People willing to sit at a computer screen to read a magazine are likely rare, and many likely offloaded the PDFs onto a tablet anyway.
And it replaces the WotC, which was certainly not article-friendly but needed to have the generic information front for newcomers.

This feels like one of the most topical e-initiatives WotC has done. They've been behind the mobile curve for a while, launching magazines and DDI tools right before the tablet explosion.

I just wish we knew if future issues were also going to be free...

Gecko85

Explorer
Ok, finished the first issue. The articles are short but well written, and there's a comic at the end (just like the old Dragon mag!)

Two of the articles were written from the perspective of a player character. For example, there's an article written by a ranger that's like a travel guide to the Desarim Valley. It's like an excerpt from a Lonely Planet guide. Here are a couple small samples: http://imgur.com/a/0lcwE

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases