Updates on Age of Sigmar RPG Include New Name

Cubicle 7 have revealed a few pieces of information regarding their upcoming Warhammer: Age of Sigmar RPG. It has an official name: 'Soulbound', but also a release delay until Spring 2020.

Cubicle 7 have revealed a few pieces of information regarding their upcoming Warhammer: Age of Sigmar RPG. It has an official name: 'Soulbound', but also a release delay until Spring 2020.

AoS_Corebook_Cover-smaller-1200x750.jpg

The official title, Soulbound, was revealed at Warhammer Fest. Details were also announced of the Soulbound Starter Set, which has some fantastic cover art by Johan Grenier (below). The starter set contains an adventure book for players and GMs, and a city guide which describes a new city in the realm of Aqshy. Also, you'll find regenerated characters, handouts, reference sheets, and so on.

starter1.jpg

Starter Set: City Being Cleansed of the taint of Tzeentch

starter2.jpg

Starter Set: Hordes of Tzeentchian horrors and Lord of Change

They also revealed new art for for some of their Archetypes, which is a broad description of who you are in the game.

AoS_Marketing_Archetypes_Aether-Khemist-copy.jpg

AoS_Marketing_Archetypes_Skyrigger-copy.jpg

AoS_Marketing_Archetypes_Excelsior-Warpriest-copy.jpg

AoS_Marketing_Archetypes_Battlesmith-copy.jpg

AoS_Marketing_Archetypes_Auric-Runesmiter-copy.jpg

AoS_Marketing_Archetypes_Knight-Questor.jpg

The new release date is Spring 2020: "...to ensure we make the best game possible we’ve moved the game’s planned release from the later part of this year to Spring next year."

HJFudge

Explorer
I'm not a fan of the AoS setting...

But, if the rules are interesting, it might be worth checking out. I mean, I end up using my own setting for 99% of games I run anyway so its not a dealbreaker.

V

Vicent Martín Bonet

Yeah, I don't know. I'm inclined to believe that GW doesn't mind not bundling the licenses for smaller projects, but for bigger ones they likely do. I mean, all the most popular licensed non-40k stuff is all WFB stuff (WFRP 4, Total War, Vermintide etc).

The most popular stuff outside their flagship's licenses, is their other (former) mayor lines' licenses. That's an incredibly hot take.

It likely chafes GW that their biggest successes in those fields have nothing to do with the new game they are trying to push and promote. Which, in a business sense, is one of the main things licensing is supposed to do for you.

Again, that's what you want to believe. Those were agreements made well before AOS and, in the case of VT2, one they willingly renewed. So I am going to go on a leg and say: no, they are not.

As to the stormcasts thing from earlier, look at that picture posted in this very thread and tell me that straight up doesn't look like a bunch of Dantes waving an Ultramarine flag.

The similarity of the facemasks I will not deny, they are similar in that regard, specially as early art went for pretty bulky proportions unlike the current battletome. But the flag? No, it isn't. It's clearly and distinctively a twin tailed comet. Now, that *you* want to see the ultramarines flag? Great, go for it!

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.[
It's in tip-top condition.

Got any transcripts of that conversation? I mean, sure, it wasn't that clearcut, there was talk out of the finer examples, of course.

Last edited:

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
That's cool, man. Care to wager which of these two Cubicle 7 Warhammer RPGs will be more successful and still supported a few years down the line? I know which one I'd put my money on. The market will bear out if truly AoS is a more popular setting.

V

Vicent Martín Bonet

That's cool, man. Care to wager which of these two Cubicle 7 Warhammer RPGs will be more successful and still supported a few years down the line? I know which one I'd put my money on. The market will bear out if truly AoS is a more popular setting.

Jesus, that's a sad statement to make.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads