Upper_Krust: Fix This

dante58701

Banned
Banned
So then, dont change already existing monsters, just stick to the paradigm for future monsters? This would save a lot of time. There needs to be some note about this since it would confuse D&D'rs who dont visit En World. A short note stating something like..."Don't change the Hit Dice of current aberrations, magical beasts, and monstrous humanoids as their design is inherently flawed and exempt from extreme overhaul.

Gorgon (classic) = Medusa...since gorgon was the race and Medusa was merely one of three sisters. Gary Gygax and pals later named the bull thing gorgon and it has caused some confusion ever since.

My only other response is :p there is no such thing as too clever.

paradox42

First Post
While reading to doublecheck my facts before making my recent post about the gap between artifacts and inherent powers not looking so wide when those powers can be stolen, I noticed that although Cozen specifically states how a victim can get the stolen powers back, Cosmic Superimposition (the one that allows stealing of entire Portfolios) does not. Presumably they'll have a similar mechanic, but you should note how one can get the Portfolios back in that ability description.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Upper_Krust said:
I'm liable to forget unless its in the "Fix This!" thread. :p

Please for the love of the all mighty hot chick, fix that Alter Reality problem. It needs standardized.

And dont forget to fix that problem with the spell-like abilities...the one where you have the spell-like abilities listed twice in the same template.

I am (slowly) throwing another document together on errors. I started in the powers section; so its hard muster the energy to do it all at once. (I am at the cosmic powers right now, should have all the powers done in a week, time permitting)

Well, unfortunately my new computer, which uses vista (bad idea), is so slow I can barely run Adobe. (It should be pretty fast but because of vista...) I had compiled a bit of editing/proof-readeing/etc but after getting through chapter 4 it crashed, and I lost a good bit of it. (evidently Adobe + Word = Crash with Vista)I still have an older version of the editing document from an earlier attempt, but it doesn't cover much. None the less, I hope it helps.
Also, a few of the changes might have been corrected in your last release, but I didn't see any in a quick run through.

[sblock]
Text:
Omnific Abilities:
Absolute - "Benifit" text on table is a bit misleading, sortof.
Akashic [Effect] - "Destroys" 1 divine rank is pretty vague. Perhaps an additional sentence to spell out all that implies?
Indissouluble - The "Special" line - I would avoid using the word "basically"; it (to me) doesn't sound professional.
Infinite [Ability Score] - Table still references infinite charisma specifically.
Oblivion - Text for it's benifit are not finished.
Transient Powers:
Transtemporal - The Divinity template writeups note you gain triple actions against opponents. The actual power does not list it.
Rules:
Omnific Abilities:
Absolute - I see a bit of cheese with this. I could give a million mortals 1 divine rank. Much cheaper than getting 1 mortal with a million divine ranks. (Though they are easily cleaved)
Omnidimentional - Does this work outside of combat? It seems to auto-trump everything else if it does. (Perhaps a restriction that a deity must dismiss them for some reason?)
Omnipersonal - Transpersonal seems to do the same thing. Perhaps they need better defining.
Transient Powers:
Transgenic - On what "level" are you immune to the thing that kills you? IE If I kill you with an ultima beam, lets say, are you immune to my ultima beam, ultima beams in general, or the ultima [effect]?
[/sblock]

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Well, unfortunately my new computer, which uses vista (bad idea), is so slow I can barely run Adobe. (It should be pretty fast but because of vista...) I had compiled a bit of editing/proof-readeing/etc but after getting through chapter 4 it crashed, and I lost a good bit of it. (evidently Adobe + Word = Crash with Vista)I still have an older version of the editing document from an earlier attempt, but it doesn't cover much. None the less, I hope it helps. Also, a few of the changes might have been corrected in your last release, but I didn't see any in a quick run through.

Thanks for the help Ltheb mate! :)

I would advocate you getting the more bulletproof Windows XP on your system, I hear nothing but bad things about Vista.

Upper_Krust said:
Thanks for the help Ltheb mate! :)

I would advocate you getting the more bulletproof Windows XP on your system, I hear nothing but bad things about Vista.

I know. :) My last comp died not too long ago, and this one is a temporary replacement. My new comp is gonna be pretty slick. Vista is a real memory hog, and excessively glitchy. It has some nice features though. (Though I think they sacrificed usability in favor of pretty splash screens. Ctrl+Alt+Delete generally makes things worse because it brings up a splash menu of options, and those seem to eat up processor power)

I might try and burn through the Cosmic powers later this week, and see if I note any errors. Those, and the divine powers, IIRC, took quite a bit of time. (most of it was typographical errors and questions on power interactions and the like) Thankfully the campaign I am currently running is near finished, and a friend is going to DM for a month or two while I work on other things, so I may have more time to kill, and thus, I might get through the divine powers section. (Again)

Last edited:

Remove ads