Urban Arcana Hijacked Game

Festy_Dog

First Post
Jennifer casts a glance into the back of the delivery guy's van, then returns her attention to the delivery guy.

"What do you know about those crates in back?" she asks coolly.

DrZombie

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Jennifer casts a glance into the back of the delivery guy's van, then returns her attention to the delivery guy.

"What do you know about those crates in back?" she asks coolly.
"Me? I'm just the delivery guy, I dunno nothing. All I know is that these crates should have been delivered yesterday, but because one of our trucks broke down we couldn't deliver untill today".

"Could you just sign here, lady, so I can be on my way. Doesn't matter who signs it, as long as someone signs." He looks you up and down, and an idea seems to expand its way through his brain cells. "You know, Misses, all this talk about crates and such makes my throat very dry. And the prices of beer skyrocketing, you know..."

DrZombie

First Post
Keia said:
Simon blinked his eyes several times, squeezing tightly, then snapping them open. 'Nope, still gone . . . but I know what I saw . . . Jennifer is never going to believe me,' Simon thought.

Simon paced around the leopard man a time or two, then looked around to see if he could spot cameras, image projectors, or some other way that someone could manipulate what he saw.

If he doesn't find anything, Simon will work his way over to the Sculpture from Central Africa, looking at those sculptures, then work his way over into The Memorial Gallery (looking around there) and back to the leopard man - all thoughts of where Jennifer was were faded, distant as his mind tried to come to grips with what he had seen.
You find yourself continually distracted by the statue of the leopard man, you can't shake the feeling that it's watching you. When noone's looking you even quickly snatch off the leopard mask, half fearing ... something.... But you are relieved as well as disappointed when the mask reveals a bronze head. Gently poking and prodding you are satisfied that it really is a statue.

The rest of the exposition is interesting, but nothing remarkable. The thieves seemed to have ignored this part of the museum, as there are no signs of burglary.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Simoan was definitely confused by the statue of the leopard man . . . he hoped he put the mask back on correctly. The circuit around the nearby areas helped Simon to clear his head. When he arrived back in the main area, he looked around for Jennifer.

Concerned for her whereabouts (maybe the leopard man got her - another quick glance to leopard man - trying to catch . . . something), Simon looked out the door for her, but remained inside himself.

Festy_Dog

First Post
DrZombie said:
"Me? I'm just the delivery guy, I dunno nothing. All I know is that these crates should have been delivered yesterday, but because one of our trucks broke down we couldn't deliver untill today".

Jennifer smiles wryly.

"Hmm, well thats something," she says, noting down any identifying details on the late arrival crates.

DrZombie said:
"Could you just sign here, lady, so I can be on my way. Doesn't matter who signs it, as long as someone signs."

Jennifer nods.

"Sure," she says, jotting down her signature.

DrZombie said:
He looks you up and down, and an idea seems to expand its way through his brain cells. "You know, Misses, all this talk about crates and such makes my throat very dry. And the prices of beer skyrocketing, you know..."

"Are you asking me out or do you want to be bribed with beer?" She asks raising an eyebrow, an amused smile on her lips.

Her friendly tone is slightly more cautious now.

DrZombie

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Are you asking me out or do you want to be bribed with beer?" She asks raising an eyebrow, an amused smile on her lips.

Her friendly tone is slightly more cautious now.
"Euuhm bribery? Me? No, no. Euuhm well, thank you for signing, I gotta go now", he says, looking a bit scared now that his money-making scheme has blown up in his face. He unloads two crates, big ones, from Rwanda, and a small packet from Congo. He then hurriedly departs, relieved to get off without any problems over hsi attempted bribery.

Apparantly, noone was really interested in the unloading. And the little packet looks very tempting.

DrZombie

First Post
Keia said:
Concerned for her whereabouts (maybe the leopard man got her - another quick glance to leopard man - trying to catch . . . something), Simon looked out the door for her, but remained inside himself.
You can see her talking to a delivery-man, sign something, and watch the man unload two crates and a small package.

"Aaah, there you are", Lafayette says. "Well, we're pretty much done here, time for the forensic guys to do their job. Give me a call later today, I'll have a list of those with acces here, and hopefully we'll have most of 'em interviewed. We'll see who has no alibi. Anyways, give me a call or drop by at the office."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Jennifer raises the packet from Congo in front of her, her brow furrowed with thought.

Mayhaps Murphy's Laws even apply to the bad guys.

With that she opens the packet carefully, cautious about what could be inside.

Remove ads