• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Gildrim]She turns and responds casually. "What, that? Don't worry, it won't hurt them, and it will pass. Besides, they seem to enjoy it. Especially the little one. He's kind of cute. Did you see his foot?" She traces little circles in the air with her finger, and giggles a bit, though not unkindly. She seems unconcerned with your oblique threats.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Ah, I'd wondered what you were getting at with the guard thing, Halford. Defend does make more sense. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Gildrim, Kshatrya]"Now, listen, you've made fools of my companions, and fools come under the special protection of my god," Gildrim growls. "You'd do best to make yourself scarce until we leave, and let me make the apologies for you. But if you insist on staying, I will be watching and listening. You'll give them no orders or suggestions. So long as your intentions prove harmless, we'll get along fine, and I'll put it down to a misjudgement. But if not - you couldn't snare this dwarf and it's my belief that, having failed, you can't try again today. Don't give me cause to draw my sword, lassie."

Gildrim gives his shoulders a shake.

"Weel, noo. Ah'm gaun tae mak shuir thaur's eneuch fruit fur th' group ay us. Whit dae ye say?"[/sblock]

serow

First Post
Ter-raen follows Erf to and fro Apikotoa's campsite. Ter-raen is bored, and a little worried. We should get urn and go back. Staying longer than we need now. As he begins the walk back, his throat tells him Hope dwarf din finish Ter-raen's drink.

Halford

First Post
[sblock= OOC Pointless ramble] Hmmm, you know if we get 200xp each for the Centipedes and 150xp for three months of play that ould put us at 1013 by my calculations.... :D. So how does that work Covaithe do we need to complete the adventure, rest, or other? Of course we haven't been awarded the XP yet so I'm being a tad premature here, but I'm excited Erf's on his way to being LEW's most powerful Druid.

I'm also looking forward to putting ranks into diplomacy because though Erf's cheerful disposition is annoying I think he comes off a little too likeable at present for someone with a -1 diplomacy modifier.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one druid at 4th level or so floating around, Rae's Quarion. :) I haven't calculated the xp awards, but you're probably right; however, you need to rest to level up, so there's no point awarding it yet.

[sblock=Gildrim]She giggles behind her hand. "Oh, you're SO manly, threatening little old me to protect your friends. It's okay, dearie. I mean you and your friends no harm, unless you're enemies of the goddess, and I don't think you are. So let's just forget about this silliness and pick some fruit. I believe you were going to tell me about Sister Anemone, and why she sent you to this shrine?"

ooc: I rolled an intimidate check for you and got a -1. :lol:

[sblock=sense motive dc 10]You don't have any reason to believe that she's lying.

[sblock=dc 15]She ignored your oblique threats, and now she has ignored your request that she leave. Either she's not really listening to you, or she's not particularly bright.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Rae's intimated that he might retire Quarion, so... um... fingers crossed?

Also, is anyone finding Gildrim's Royal Blue difficult to read? It seems darker now than it used to before the site upgrade.[/sblock][sblock=Gildrim, Kshatrya][sblock=OOC]It just doesn't matter whether a player intends his character to be gruffly bluffing, or to really be a second away from separating her pretty head from her scaly neck... that Cha penalty and lousy d20 rule all! Bit of a surprise for her, though. "Ha ha, you're so manly -" thwkt, thud (or a 1 on the initiative roll, a nixie hiding among the trees, and a dead dwarf riddled with crossbow bolts, which is more my luck).[/sblock]Gildrim heaves a sigh. "Aw reet. Ah'll say nae mair. But Ah'm watchin'. An' yer richt, Erf leuked awthegither rideeculous - nae that he disnae ordinar'. Ye shoud jes' be glad th' orc didnae pick ye up an' smuirich ye."

"Ah've seid, Anemone didnae send us haur. She traivels intae th' swamp noo an' than, sae if ye've niver seen her haur, than Ah'd misdout she kens aboot yer shrine at aw. She's a redoobtable halflin' wumman, twa heids taller than Erf. Ah widnae try yer charmin' trick oan her."

"Naw, we came haur lookin' fur th' hoose. Thaur's th' remains of a deid man wha uisst tae live haur in th' Urn we spoke of that wants returnin' tae his son's son's son's... Ah forgit hou it works."[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Trouvere]I'm not having any trouble with Gildrim's royal blue. And, yeah, the intimidate mechanics suck. I don't usually use that skill, but in this case, I'd already typed most of her dialogue when I'd remembered that I wanted to allow an intimidate check. The low roll didn't have any effect other than to make her dialogue slightly more mocking, but a high roll might done something.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well actually I think you will find that 2 is on the way to five, hrumph! LOL.

As for Gildrim's blue I have never had any problem with it. [/sblock]

Erf reluctantly leaves Apikotoa to his own devices and begins to head back to the house before being hit by a sudden bout of inspriration.

"Hey Ter-raen we should pick some flowers fer Kshatrya! Ones that're gonna be dieing soon obviously, but yeah!"

Excitedly the little green gnome begins casting about him for bouquet fillers...

[sblock= Knowledge Nature (Flower Picking) check] Not sure if flower finding would be Nature or Survival so deduct 3 if survival is more appropriate... K. Nature (1d20+8=19) [/sblock]

Last edited:

serow

First Post
"Hey Ter-raen we should pick some flowers fer Kshatrya! Ones that're gonna be dieing soon obviously, but yeah!"
Ter-raen isn't very sure how to respond to this request. Firstly, he's not too sure which plant is dying and which isn't, although in an emergency he might be able to figure which is edible or not; secondly, he's still uncomfortable about staying in the area longer than needed; thirdly, he's thirsting for a drink. Stunned for a brief moment by the gnome's request, Ter-raen tries to hurry him along by randomly pointing to a few shrubs and grasses around him.
"There."
"This."
"That one."
"Yes."
"Good."
"Nice."

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Gildrim]She listens with interest to your description of Sister Anemone, but when you start talking about your quest, she begins gathering low-hanging and fallen fruit, keeping only one pointed ear cocked your way. With the deftness of long practice, she uses a tiny dagger to peel the skin off of a number of berries, crushing them into enough pulp to fill several cupped leaves. She arranges more handfuls of berries on broad leaves near the pond. It makes an attractive spread, though perhaps not very filling for individuals of larger stature.

"I wonder where your friends are," she remarks as she works. "I hope nothing happened to them."

ooc: If you want to say anything more to her, a few minutes pass before Erf and Ter-raen arrive, and we can insert it here.
[/sblock]

Erf remembers the locations of several clumps of small, brightly colored wildflowers near the water's edge, and takes only a few minutes to assemble a rather attractive (though slightly soggy) bouquet, despite Ter-raen's attempts to "help". (ooc: craft(flower arranging) checks of 20 and 5, just for the heck of it)

When the two return through the house, they find Gildrim and Kshatrya sitting cross-legged next to the pool. There are a number of broad leaves in front of them, on which are arranged freshly picked berries and several smaller leaves that curve in a shape like a low bowl, filled with a murky liquid.

"Erf! Ter-raen! I'm so glad you're back! We started to worry for you. What kept you? And where is your friend?" Kshatrya says, rising gracefully to her feet.

[sblock=Ter-raen, Erf][sblock=Spot DC 23]As you come back in, you see another Nixie crouching, very still, in the hollow between two shrubs.[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads