Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Sorry I missed posting here yesterday. ENWorld.... well, I don't know what ENWorld did, but I couldn't get to it, and now my email notifications are all screwed up. I was going to award XP here, but when I added it up, it still wouldn't get you to level 2, so not much point. Feel free to continue conversing; I'll advance time shortly.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Algbo authot, Apikotoa. Sjek si ti kampiun jalyur, si wux jikahshi," Gildrim says as Erf and Ter-raen splash off in search of snakelings. "Charis jaci algbo tenamalo earenk."

When they return, and the meal is cooking, he ponders Erf's words. "Ah've nae firm plans. Keep mahsel' occupeed. Dae some guid haur an' thaur. Ah'm nae sae shuir aboot bringin' wappens. Tools an' fuidstuffs, nae bother."

Halford

First Post
"Well I did promise Apikotoa, 'n if he's nything to judge by the Lizard folk are nice enough. Plus if anything the humans seem to have been the agressors and have more inclination to be so again. I can see why they'd want decent weapons out 'ere in the swamp."

Erf shrugs,

"Afterall, a promise is a promise! In anycase the company'd be appreciated, we might even turn a profit, ye never know! I'll take last watch if nobody minds."

After finishing his snake Erf pulls out his bedroll and settles down with Fenenn, snuggling up to the wolf hounds warm body.

covaithe

Explorer
"Si charis wux vucot svabol wux re bytiig," mutters Apikotoa in response to Gildrim. He builds a small fire and remains awake for a long time, poking and stirring the embers. At last, he curls up in a mossy cleft between two large roots and goes to sleep.

[sblock=Gildrim]During your watch, you suddenly hear a growling, splashing noise in the water somewhere to the east of you. It seems distant, but as you listen, it seems to be getting closer fairly. You guess that you have only a few moments before it is in sight.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Gildrim, DM]Gildrim tries to judge whether he can shake everyone awake, including a perhaps unpredictable lizardfolk, explain the situation, and still stay hidden from whatever approaches. He decides on a simpler course of action.[/sblock]The shrill of a signal whistle cuts through the silence. "Somethin' big comin'," Gildrim announces. "Ye micht want tae meet it oan yer feet."

covaithe

Explorer
Gildrim's whistle cuts through the night air like a scimitar through a tiny centipede. Everyone else is now wide awake, if perhaps a little muddled. The fire has died down to faintly glowing embers, and there is very little light; even those with low-light vision have difficulty seeing beyond the confines of the mossy island. While you struggle awake, the thrashing, growling sound continues. It is definitely closer now, and Gildrim, at least, might spot it at any time.

Apikotoa rises to his feet and nocks an arrow to his shortbow.

Ter-raen...

Round 1

Initiative:
Apikotoa undamaged
Ter-raen 14/14 <== You're up
noise maker, not yet visible
Gildrim 9/9
Erf 12/12
Fenenn 13/13

map

[sblock=ooc]initiative rolls[/sblock]

[sblock=Halford]I see that you've started to update Erf for 2nd level. Can you please not do that until I actually award enough XP for 2nd level? I still need to see his level 1 character sheet, for situations such as this.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Ter-raen has darkvision too, as Trouvere kindly pointed out to me. Oops! Well, Ter-raen can't see the source of the noises yet, either.

serow

First Post
HP 14/14, AC 22 (total defense)

Ter-raen stands, and not knowing what he is facing, holds his shield close to him, his scimitar above his head and tip held back. "What is problem?"

[sblock=Rewind Time]During the dinner chat, Ter-raen would have said "Ter-raen nothing to do after find urn. If gnome want help, Ter-raen will help" in response to Erf's question about plans after finding the urn.

Sorry about my slow posting, work + gf time = inconstant posting.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Erf 1st level combat stats]
Sorry about that Covaithe, guess I got ahead of myself!

HP: 12
Attack: Dagger Melee -1 (1d3-2), Sling (or Dagger thrown) +2 (1d3-2)
Initiative + 1
AC: 16, FF 15, Touch 12
Saves:6/1/5
Fenenn unchanged
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim, AC 15, HP 8/9, 1 Dex damage

serow said:
Ter-raen stands, and not knowing what he is facing, holds his shield close to him, his scimitar above his head and tip held back. "What is problem?"
"Are ye deaf? It's crashin' an' snarlin' an' comin' this way. Ah dinnae ken whit it is, but it's tay much tae howp it's Cyian foond us again."

OOC: note current suboptimal combat stats; thanks, centipedes.

Remove ads