Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Personally I am enjoying the interaction, it makes absolute sense for Cyian to be acting as he has - plus its rather entertaining. Also gives Erf a chance to show that despite first impressions hes actually got a wisdom of 16 and a non to shabby 14 intelligence.

I'd also like to congradulate Gildrim for a marvelous use of message, lol.[/Sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Thanks Halford please keep the all wise all knowing Erf around and of course you think the use of message was cool he's not grumbling in your characters ear lol[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Halford said:
Erf certainly does not look dismayed - yet.

ooc: Sorry, just getting carried away by my deathless prose. :blush:

Erf said:
"As fer Cloudsong we met him on the road where he tried to rob us, or somesuch. We killed two of his men, flat dead least I'd have brought them to ye fer questioning 'n such, 'n him and another got away. I tried to follow Cloudsong with the big lads here," Erf gestures to Ter-raen and Fenenn, "but he cast some sorta spell that made him move fast as a scalded cat 'n was crafty enough to hide his trail. Young Cyian here blooded him good though, didn't ye lad!"

"Ah, yes, the one that got away," sneers Corvin. "You kids just won't give up, will you. At least this time I know why you're trying to feed me a Haskell story. But fool me twice? Oh, no, you're not walking out of here with the bounty that easily. And while exaggerating may not be a crime, trying to defraud an officer of the law most certainly is."

Halford

First Post
Erf actually looks a little put out.

"Ah I see, our master plan was to come and claim we nearly caught the man you had a bounty on. We are indeed ingenious, for now we claim the nearly bounty! You can wave it around in our general area and then we'll be off. As it happens we were victims of a crime, I guess its hardly surprising you haven't caught 'im if thats how ye treat all his victims!"

So saying the little gnome turns to Soren and calls loudly,

"Soren give these good folk as many ales as a gold piece'll buy. Most of the folks here are mighty civil 'n I'm in the mood to wet me whistle!"

[Sblock=OOC]Wow I got to write Erf peeved! Obviously old Erf is a little worried about reprecussions and is hopeing that the Sheriff won't act if hes suddenly popular.

By PHB prices a gp should buy 12 ales with 2cp left over, maybe 13 if they give a bulk discount. Erf will also spend a gold piece to buy some ale for the party the aforementioned pitcher, and maybe a couple of refills.[/Sblock]

serow

First Post
Halford said:
"Soren give these good folk as many ales as a gold piece'll buy. Most of the folks here are mighty civil 'n I'm in the mood to wet me whistle!"
Hmm... Ter-raen does some calculations in his mind, and the figures all add up to not enough somehow. "Soren, more! One more gold piece!" Ter-raen says loudly, with a smile the size of the moon. He scans around a moment, looking for someone. Dwarf don't want drink? Too bad...

covaithe

Explorer
Corvin just shakes his head. "It's getting a bit thick in here for my tastes. I think I'll call it a night." He leaves the inn with long strides, pausing to give Gildrim a hard stare (ooc: if Gildrim is still nearby) before disappearing into the night.

Soren brings around a couple of pitchers, and Haskell's querulous voice rises above the general murmur of the inn, "And then I handed her the duck!" His table bursts into laughter, and the mood of the inn seems to ease visibly.

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim, sitting outside frowning at his feet, stirs to watch Corvin depart before going back inside. "Sae, whit happent?" he asks as he rejoins his companions. "Is he raisin' th' toun an' marchin' oan his foes?"[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I had a migraine, hence my taking Gildrim out of the action for a while.[/sblock]

serow

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Sae, whit happent?" he asks as he rejoins his companions. "Is he raisin' th' toun an' marchin' oan his foes?"
Ter-raen, seeing the approach of the dwarf to the others, turns to face Gildrim. "Don't know, but he not friendly anymore. He is town sheriff, and said we are trying to de-frod a town official." He pauses to pass Gildrim a drink, before continuing, "Haskell gave a duck to his lady's mother as wedding gift. Very brave man. I heard stories of men who fight giants. They are brave, but not as brave than him."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah see," says Gildrim grimly. "About th' sheriff, nae about th' duck." He withdraws to his former table, fixes Cyian with a glare, and proceeds to mutter under his breath.[sblock=Cyian]"Ye shoogly-legged yearlin' goat! Ah dinnae ken preceese whit ye've duin, but Ah ken ye chuist th' warst man in th' village tae lee tay. Ah jes' see'd him headin' aff doon th' street wi' thunner in his face an' clashin' o' swuirds in his thochts, an' it's aw yer blame. Nae guid iver comes ay tellin' fibs! If he taks men intae th' swamp th' morra an' rummles up th' lizardfowk, we cuid aw be kilt! Ah've hauf a mind tae send ye alang wi' him insteid ay us an' th' priestess. But Ah think it'd dae ye mair guid tae leuk Anemone in th' eye an' tell her whit kin' ay trooble ye've kirned up yersel'..." There is more, much more, but fortunately after a few minutes, the spell ends, and Gildrim's voice no longer echoes in Cyian's ear. Perhaps it occurs to Cyian that in delivering the lecture silently, Gildrim intends a kindness.[/sblock]

Remove ads