D&D General US & Canada Gamers: Get D&D Books 2 Weeks Early At Local Game Stores

Local game stores in the US and Canada can sell D&D books two weeks before the rest of the world.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 20.42.45.png

WotC has announced that in the US and Canada you can now get your Dungeons & Dragons books--starting with Vecna: Eve of Ruin--two weeks early from your local game store.

The Local Game Store Early Access program allows local game stores in the US and Canada to sell D&D books two weeks before the rest of the world. They can sell Vecna: Eve of Ruin from May 7th, with the global release date being May 21st. This only applies to in-store purchases, and not to online orders.

The early access sale dates for the upcoming books are:
  • Vecna, Eve of Ruin (Early Access May 7, 2024)
  • Quests from the Infinite Staircase (Early Access July 9, 2024)
  • Player's Handbook (2024) (Early Access September 3, 2024)
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (2024) (Early Access October 29, 2024)
  • Monster Manual (2025) (Early Access Feb 4, 2025)
The Making of Original D&D: 1970-1977 is not part of the Local Game Store Early Access program.

Stormonu

Legend
Is Walmart a big player for WotC? I guess I only really pay attention to D&D which I don't see in locations here (used to). There is some timed exclusivity with Target though.
Y'know, I don't think I have seen D&D books in Walmart after this past December - and our Target around here only has a single copy the core and whatever the latest release is. I was wondering if the dropping of Penguin Publishers might mean they stopped distributing to Walmart/Target/Books-a-Million.

Sadly, until the past month, my local FLGS hasn't been keeping up its RPG stock - at least not the core books.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I contacted my flgs yesterday and they are participating in this program which is pretty awesome. Smart move on WotC part to resurrect this program.

Remove ads

Remove ads