• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using Eberron in Other RPG Systems

karlindel

First Post
I think Eberron would work well with many different systems, depending on what setting themes you wanted to focus on. Personally, I think 4E D&D does a good job of handling Eberron.

Things that I think are essential to Eberron:
Magic replaces technology, and is fairly common.
Dragonmarks and the Dragonmarked Houses
The Draconic Prophecy
The Last War and its effects (including The Mournland)
The Five Nations and their ongoing intrigues and rivalries
Eberron Religion (characterized by having two powerful public churches with potential for corruption in both, as well as a small number of other religions)

Khairn

First Post
Savage Worlds was my first thought (based on my experience with Solomon Kane) but as I'm reading Dresden Files, I'm thinking that Fate might work well, especially for the noir and pulp aspects of Eberron.

Going to the complete other end of the spectrum, I used Rolemaster (RMSS) for an Eberron game and it worked out great.

Doug McCrae

Legend
If you were to use Eberron in a system other than D&D 3.5/4e, what would you consider the key/"core" elements of it that should be reflected?
Pulp action and noir. Spirit of the Century and Savage Worlds are pretty obvious front runners. Maybe Trail of Cthulhu. Possibly other pulp games like Adventure! and Justice Inc (for you old schoolers).

The D&Disms are just a veneer. It's really a 1920s/30s genre fiction setting.

Last edited:

bagger245

Explorer
Depends what area you want to emphasize. If you want to emphasize pulp aspect, go with pulp system like Savage Worlds or SOTC. If it is noir and inquisitors, go with Trail of Cthulhu etc. I personally would use Savage Worlds. That Gnoll fight on flying disk just screams Savage Worlds and using D&D with grids don't do justice on getting the feel of it..

Doug McCrae

Legend
That Gnoll fight on flying disk just screams Savage Worlds and using D&D with grids don't do justice on getting the feel of it..
Yeah, I think Eberron works better without the D&D rules tbh. D&D has never been a cinematic action game. It's a fiddly resource management 'prod it with my ten foot pole' dungeon cracking system, where you keep track of each copper piece.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Some folks have done some conversion work for Eberron using Fantasy Craft. Because the pieces are so scattered your best bet would be to Search for Eberron in the forum.

The Auld Grump

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads