[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thrak, his disguise set to make him look like a large, burly human, reached back over his shoulder and drew forth from its scabbard a sword whose blade would stretch from the nape of his neck to the back of his knees. Its blade was straight and heavy...a chopping implement, meant to hack through armor and flesh alike by sheer force of weight and strength. The edge was almost an afterthought.

Holding the ludicrously large weapon in one hand, Thrak reached into a pouch on his belt and produced a vial of fluid. He pried it open with his teeth, then tapped it gently over his sword. Quicksilver, or something like it, flowed from the neck of the vial and raced along the massive blade, coating it completely in seconds. He then placed himself between Silhouette and the chain devil, and waited for the moment to strike...

(Thrak readies his weapon and uses his Silversheen to give his weapon the 'silver' quality. This is his action.)

Meanwhile, Silhouette incanted a spell. The image of her body shimmered, and suddenly erupted into a blaze of colors that streamed away from her! Those colors twined and twisted and concentrated into a tight beam of blinding brilliance that focused directly onto the kyton's eyes, attempting to blind it!

Of the enchantress herself, there was nothing more to be seen. Her magic had seemingly thrown the vision of her as a weapon, making her completely invisible...
the beam of brilliance becomes muted as it hits the kyton and then splits into a dozen shards of light. The chain devil makes a sound that could be laughing but sounds more like metal being scraped together.

OOC: The chain devil is not a weave user so the spell failed to get through its SR.

epogue

First Post
I take I have been traveling a wile I glance at the readings as I proceed

OOC: am I have ben going a wile I in sensor range if so what do I see I am still proceeding my scanners anything unusual other that everyone being gone. after one last reading is introduction is your ball park I am flying blind.

spot (1d20+17)[31]

and at some point bypass this blasted monitor when I have the equipment and time

I am assuming a different time scale out side initiative at 30ft a round for nearly 11 miles would be enormous

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rodan casts a spell, causing an aura of protection to wrap around himself and spread outward, touching upon Shaz on the outer edge as the cleric takes a few steps forward.

OOC: Casting Protection from Evil, 10 feet radius. Moving in a manner to keep from the Chain Devil getting an AoO against Roday, while protecting Shaz with the outer edge of the circle.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rodan casts a spell, causing an aura of protection to wrap around himself and spread outward, touching upon Shaz on the outer edge as the cleric takes a few steps forward.
The aura shimmers around Rodan and Shaz, which causes a halo effect on the sunsword in Shaz's hand. The blade hums and light begins to shine around Shaz in a 10-ft. radius. The light causes the chain devil to recoil from the half-dragon.

Yin Hun raises his blaster up and aims at the chain devil. He squeezes the trigger, and fires a trio of bursts of electrical bolts.
The intense light from the sunsword causes Yin Hun to flinch, if only for a second, and his first two bursts fail to connect, arcing away into a nearby building. The third lightning burst from the blaster impacts the chain devil but the third shot glances off a swinging chain and does no damage.

OOC: Okay, one secret of the ancient sunsword is that it is enhanced by magic spells that are cast near it (as long as the effect is an area effect). In this case, magic circle against evil was cast, the sword now projects an aura of courage around Shaz, as if he is a paladin. All those within the 10-foot aura gain a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This only lasts as long as Shaz is confronted with intense evil and the sunsword remains powered on. (Note that the sunsword isn't considered a good weapon, so it won't bypass the chain devil's DR.)

For the rapid shot attack from Yin Hun, the first two bursts miss and only the first and second shots of the third burst hit.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Shazer'a looks from the sword and Rodan to the devil cringing in discomfort. Grinning fiercly at the fiend he opens up and swings quickly while still getting off a shot from his handheld pistol in rapid succession. For a moment he looks as if he's going to lean in to slash with his razor sharp teeth, but he holds back his battle rage enough to stop from crushing his teeth on a fiend made of living chain.

OOC:
[roll0] - Spellcraft to ID Magic Circle effect
[roll1] - Sunsword attack 1 (includes -2 from failed save); ignores 10 pts of armor/natural armor/hardness
[roll2] - Sunsword damage 1 (fire)
[roll3] - Sunsword attack 2 (includes -2); ignores 10 pts of armor/natural armor/hardness
[roll4] - Sunsword damage 2 (fire)
[roll5] - Laser Pistol attack (includes -2)
[roll6] - Laser Pistol damage (fire)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Shazer'a looks from the sword and Rodan to the devil cringing in discomfort. Grinning fiercly at the fiend he opens up and swings quickly while still getting off a shot from his handheld pistol in rapid succession. For a moment he looks as if he's going to lean in to slash with his razor sharp teeth, but he holds back his battle rage enough to stop from crushing his teeth on a fiend made of living chain.
With the power of the magic circle protecting him, Shazer'a strikes two powerful blows against the fiend, slicing off bits of chain and flesh. The devil howls in pain and rage. Then the half-dragon's quick shot catches the kyton in the chest, nearly cutting it in half.

The fiend's essence succumbs to the solar energy from the sunsword and the final blast from the pistol causes it to dissolve from the world, sending it back to the depths of the Infernal Hells.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rodan sighs loudly to himself, then turns to his companions. "Back to my original suggestion, yes? We flee now, save as many civilians along the way as we can, and not stop until well out of immediate danger." Although the raptoran seems quite a bit more relaxed now that the chain devil threat is over, his hands fidget quite a bit before they start to shake uncontrollably. He then takes to hiding them behind his back so he doesn't have to stare any longer at their uncontrolled quivering.

Shayuri

First Post
"Less talking, more fleeing," advises Silhouette's voice. The wagon with Haspur in it rocks for a moment, and Silhouette appears momentarily as she casts a spell...and the entire wagon she's on, including the unconscious Chosen, disappears.

"Who knows what that insane cleric will throw at us next."

(Casting Invisibility 10' Radius after getting onto the wagon, to cloak Haspur's wagon from view as we go.)

Remove ads