[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Shazer’a raises his fist holding the empowered sunsword in triumph as the devil crumples to the ground in front of him. "Golion!” he adds as a scream. Deactivating the sunsword and holstering his pistol, he quickly trots back to where Nel and the wagon are, just as they disappear. ”Wha..?” he looks about in confusion until he realizes that a spell was cast. Before he can say much more, Nel jumps down from the now invisible wagon and pats Shaz on the shoulder as she flies past. ”That’s the way Shazer’a! You finally got to pummel something other than a riddle! Just in case the day isn’t done yet, I’m going to weave some of these into my web.”

Smiling at his weesham as she lights next to him he nods his head in agreement, ”Smart thinking Nel”. Looking to Rodan as he then turns to reply, ”I would have to agree with you now more than before. Let us get out of here as quickly as possible and salvage what we can from this fiasco of a day.”

OOC: Nelalwe is going to spend 10 minutes adding three more characters to her Eldritch Tapestry. Presumably Rodan, Emiko, and Yin Hun since Silhouette (and Thrak?) are invisible. She can do 4 characters total, one of which will always be Shaz.

Also - not to nitpick, but how do horses hitched to a wagon take turning invisible? I’d think they’d freak out.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Thrak's still visible, he's not on a wagon yet. As for the horses, from their point of view nothing's changed. Beings within the spell radius can see one another normally. They're only invisible from outside the 10' radius.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rodan sighs loudly to himself, then turns to his companions. "Back to my original suggestion, yes? We flee now, save as many civilians along the way as we can, and not stop until well out of immediate danger." Although the raptoran seems quite a bit more relaxed now that the chain devil threat is over, his hands fidget quite a bit before they start to shake uncontrollably. He then takes to hiding them behind his back so he doesn't have to stare any longer at their uncontrolled quivering.
"Wait, first tell me where those things came from," asks the same guard as before. He looks toward Silhouette for an explanation.

"Less talking, more fleeing," advises Silhouette's voice. The wagon with Haspur in it rocks for a moment, and Silhouette appears momentarily as she casts a spell...and the entire wagon she's on, including the unconscious Chosen, disappears.

"Who knows what that insane cleric will throw at us next."

(Casting Invisibility 10' Radius after getting onto the wagon, to cloak Haspur's wagon from view as we go.)
The guard remains calm but alert. He he's the woman's voice after the wagon disappears so he doesn't overreact. This is not the first time he's seen such magic.

"If there is an immediate threat, I must go to the palace and warn Lord Eltan." He looks at Rodan. "And if these invaders of yours are nearby, we must determine how many there are and try to keep them away from our people for as long as we can. And who is this insane cleric she spoke of?"

The other horses in the wagon train behind the wagon with Haspur on it whinny and shift uncomfortably at the sight, or lack of it, of the wagon that had been there moments before.

"Whoa! Easy now," a teamster on a nearby wagon works to control the two horses pulling his own wagon. "A little warning next time, missy!" He calls out to the invisible tiefling.

Shazer’a raises his fist holding the empowered sunsword in triumph as the devil crumples to the ground in front of him. "Golion!” he adds as a scream. Deactivating the sunsword and holstering his pistol, he quickly trots back to where Nel and the wagon are, just as they disappear. ”Wha..?” he looks about in confusion until he realizes that a spell was cast. Before he can say much more, Nel jumps down from the now invisible wagon and pats Shaz on the shoulder as she flies past. ”That’s the way Shazer’a! You finally got to pummel something other than a riddle! Just in case the day isn’t done yet, I’m going to weave some of these into my web.”

Smiling at his weesham as she lights next to him he nods his head in agreement, ”Smart thinking Nel”. Looking to Rodan as he then turns to reply, ”I would have to agree with you now more than before. Let us get out of here as quickly as possible and salvage what we can from this fiasco of a day.”
The guard steps up to Shazer'a, introduces himself as Iago Rochabreu and thanks him for his bravery. "You have saved many lives today, but I would like someone to tell me where those things came from and are there any more of them?"

He orders his men to spread around the perimeter of the wagons and keep an eye out for more trouble. The Fists act quickly while a short dumpy woman with wild hair helps to keep more of the horses calm.

OOC: Nelalwe is going to spend 10 minutes adding three more characters to her Eldritch Tapestry. Presumably Rodan, Emiko, and Yin Hun since Silhouette (and Thrak?) are invisible. She can do 4 characters total, one of which will always be Shaz.

Also - not to nitpick, but how do horses hitched to a wagon take turning invisible? I’d think they’d freak out.
(OOC - Thrak's still visible, he's not on a wagon yet. As for the horses, from their point of view nothing's changed. Beings within the spell radius can see one another normally. They're only invisible from outside the 10' radius.)
OOC: Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure either. But how would the 'other' horses pulling the other wagons around the wagon that disappears react? :hmm:

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hahaha, no idea! Horses are unpredictable beasts! Silhouette figures making sure they don't panic is someone else's job. She just wants to make sure she, and Haspur, aren't obviously with this little band. :))

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral keeps an overwatch-style position and maintains a lookout for approaching foes while keeping an arrow nocked. She also keeps half a thought on her short sword in case close quarters combat becomes necessary.

epogue

First Post
IC: they cant take a hint can't take hint get quit of my face even through the filters you stink. oh great now there's more of you I have defiantly got to get to higher ground. Farmers and shop keepers against whatever or whoever did this they never stood a chance when I get my hands on him I hope he is one of the faithless l so I can send him to lay on the wall for forever to fade or to the darkest hell they have in his faith. SLOWLY!

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
(OOC - Hahaha, no idea! Horses are unpredictable beasts! Silhouette figures making sure they don't panic is someone else's job. She just wants to make sure she, and Haspur, aren't obviously with this little band. :))
OOC: Heh. Okay. ;)

Sihouette notes that the body of the elf man named Keth lies in the wagon next to the Chosen. He has been covered in a tarp by one of th locals but his blade has been placed on top of him. The tiefling can tell that it is a very fine blade and that it has survived Keth's death. She wonders what else of use might have survived his fiery end.

Soumral keeps an overwatch-style position and maintains a lookout for approaching foes while keeping an arrow nocked. She also keeps half a thought on her short sword in case close quarters combat becomes necessary.
The caravan of wagons slowly makes its way out of the city. While Soumral keeps a wary eye out for more danger, Yim Hun and Emiko back her up wit their firearms. Rodan continues to insist that they need to keep moving, faster. He is itching to take flight and get as far away from Baldur's Gate as possible. Thrak stays as close to his invisible mistress as he can and works to help try to keep the rest of the nearby horses calm.

Nelalwe finishes weaving Rodan, Emiko, and Yin Hun into her Eldritch Tapestry. She also helps any of the locals who seem to be having trouble keeping up. Shaz walks along with the Fist named Iago. The half-dragon fills him in with what has happened and the continued threat that the High Artificer presents to the city and its people.

"This is very troubling news," Iago says once Shazer'a is finished. "If one of the most powerful clerics in the city can be 'subsumed', as you call it, then we must watch for any warning signs that this might be happening to other clerics." He whispers to Shaz so the locals don't over hear. "And losing Lady Idriane and the temple's acolytes in such an awful manner could demoralize the entire populace. We should try to keep it from becoming general knowledge.

"I will go to see Lord Eltan at the palace. He will probably want to send an elite force of guards to try to bring Thalamond down, if possible. I will make sure that anyone he send is strong of will, so they don't succumb to the fire aura that the High Artificer is projecting. And if there isn't anyone available who can stand toe to toe against this new subsumed being that the attempt not be made.

"Lord Eltan will likely go on his own, if he deems no one else strong enough to accompany him. I will have a horseman report back to you with Lord Eltan's decision."
Iago orders one of the Fists to give up his horse. The guard captain mounts the beast and reins back towards the palace just as the wagon train reaches the northern gate of the city.

"Keep going," Iago says to Shaz. "The guards know the way to Candlekeep." He then issues orders to the other Fists. "Stay with them. Guard the Chosen at all costs." He turns to the heroes and salutes them. "I will send more Fists, if I can. May the gods of Faerûn watch over you all."

With that, he spurs his horse and rides of towards the palace of Baldur's Gate just and the wagon train exist the city.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, Silhouette thinks. Nothing's gained by -not- knowing what he had.

And of course since only the Chosen was in a position to notice, and he seemed to be unconscious...

Her hands still remembered how to go through someone's clothes and pockets quickly, even though that was work she'd delegated for some time now. It would be interesting, the tiefling thought, to be doing her own dirty work again. Maybe even entertaining in a way even if the circumstances were terrible.

She concentrated once she'd taken what the fallen warrior had had out, and focused her gaze narrowly. She knew the cantrip to detect magic of course, but it was too obvious with the incantation and gestures. Long years of practice had taught her to feel the faint touch of magic on the magic within her...to see those ripples as if they were shaking reflections in a pond. It took nothing but a hard stare. Well, that and the peculiar monocle the gnome had paid for her services with; all brass fittings and multiple lenses that levered in and out. Quite a handy instrument for one of her talents...

(OOC - Using Vatic Gaze to 'Detect Magic' on Keth's possessions. If they are magic she will spend 1 extra minute to study the magic items with her Artificer's Monocle; gaining the effect of an Identify spell on them.)

Buddha the DM

Explorer
"Keep going," Iago says to Shaz. "The guards know the way to Candlekeep." He then issues orders to the other Fists. "Stay with them. Guard the Chosen at all costs." He turns to the heroes and salutes them. "I will send more Fists, if I can. May the gods of Faerûn watch over you all."

Soumral gives him sharp nod in acknowledgement just before he rides off never taking her eyes off watch.

KainG

Explorer
Now that the action finally died down, Yin Hun finally has a moment to breathe and take stock of the situation. It is not good. The lost of his hardsuit is a severe blow to his combat effectiveness with no means available to make up for it. It was always a risk that could happen to these low-tech planets, but the veteran soldier could not believe he lost it on his first fight on this planet.

Yin Hun turns to the other fighters he had just fought alongside with. "My name is Yin Hun Lang, and this is my second Emiko. We were brought in by the Freedom League to help establish resistance cells on Faerun against the coming Empire. Unfortunately, the situation is degrading far more quickly than we expected. I'm sorry we were not in time to prevent your companions death," he says, nodding to where Keth lies.

"For now, I think it's best we stick together until we can get ahold of the situation. You've all proven you can handle yourselves against danger such as the subsumed. What are your plans now?"

Remove ads