• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

v3.5 Core Books on sale!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Marshall said:

Heh, Thought so. Its the Bolt effect from the Flame Arrow spell.

Notice, NO SAVE. I guess my harping had some effect on 3.5.

Yes, I too used to harp on about the double jeopardy of the old spell... roll to hit *and* a reflex save? pshaw!

The new one sensibly caps the maximum damage, and makes an ideal 2nd level evocation spell.

coyote6

Adventurer
Re: Re: Re: More 3.5 info

Lord Rasputin said:
As best I can tell, the new Jump rules are straight out of D20 Modern.

Not quite, if the posted info is correct. In d20M, running long jump DC = (distance in feet) + 5 . What was posted here, that DC is just (distance in feet). Which may mean that average characters can actually do standing long jumps longer than the length of their stride (i.e., "isn't broken in a particularly dumb way").

I may swoon. :D

(I still wonder why the penalty for being slow is different from the bonus for being fast.)

Brekki

First Post
@ Riley / Drakmoor.
Horizon Walker: prereq's: Knowledge (geography) 8, Endurance
10 lvl prc with fighter bab and saves, choose terrains and get bonusses to skills/attack/damage on that terrain and vs monsters from that terrain.

Loremaster prereq's are the same

@ Ketjak
Scent is the same as in 3.0

@ Archade
1. Researching spell is 1000 gp/week, takes week/spellevel, spellcraft DC 10+spellvl -> learned new spell

@ magnas_veritas
Fortification is the same as in 3.0

@ 3d6
Efreeti has 1/day - grant up to three wishes (to nongenies only) ... along with many other abilities

@ Datt
In the DMG it says that if a creature has DR from more than one source, the two forms of DR do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefits of the best DR in a given situation (I think this is really bad for the barbarian :( )

Last edited:

Tzarevitch

First Post
What I would like to know is 1) did 3.5 clarify how long it takes a sorcerer to cast a spell using a metamagic feat? and 2)have they cleaned up their definition of a full round action and 1 full round? (See below for my attempt to clarify my questions.)

3.0 seemed to use two definitions of full-round action. The 3.0 Faq indicated that the full-round action that it takes sorcerers to cast metamagicked spells consumes your attack action and your move action leaving you with a 5' step but the spell takes effect in the round you cast it. (In other words you "pay" the cost to metamagic by expending your move-action)

Also, 3.0 defined full-round action for spells that have the 1 full round as a casting time as taking effect in the next round.

Is 3.5 clearer on the difference if there is one? (If my questions isn't clear I will try to re-phrase).

Thanks in advance.

Tzarevitch

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
Has the concentration check for defensive casting changed at all from 3.0? I was wondering if it had a variant rule that allowed for an opposed check so that a kobold didn't threaten a wizard as much as a cloud giant did.

Last edited:

Delgar

First Post
I'm just curious what the cost of Adamantium Weapons and Armor is now?

It would seem they should be more expensive as they seem to be one of the highest forms of DR bypassing and they have different abilities.

Do Adamantium weapons still give an enhancement bonus?

Thanks in Advance!

Delgar

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Random assorted questions ...

* What are the Universal spells for wizards?

* Are there any changes to spectral hand?

* What do the feats Acrobatic, Athletic and Deceitful do? (These are all +2/+2 feats AFAIK, and two are in S&S or d20Mod.)

* Do monks gain anything extra from the Stunning Fist feat (under 3.0, they gained more such attacks than other characters)? From the posted scans, this would be in the feat description itself, since the monk class only gives this as a bonus feat option.

* What are the synergy boni to skills now?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads