Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Greetings to all," Kye says with a short nod. "I am Kyelingar Godtouhed the Eye of The Watcher, the Hand of Helm, and the Fist of The Vigilant One here in the world of mortals." he announces to all present.

[sblock=OOC] and a blow-hard if ever there was one, :p But then again two big fights and not a scratch on him. Hope that doesn't mean once he enters the valley things will go in the opposite direction. [/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
A tip of the same wine glass goes in the same direction as this new blowhard, "I'm Latham Brack, this here is Keht," he says, pointing to the shrouded githzerai monk seated next to him, who is busy occupying himself by staring at the halfling. "He doesn't understand any of the local languages, so go ahead and make fun of him."

After a small drink, and before anyone has the opportunity to get another word in edgewise, Latham chimes in once more, "So, Kyelingar Godtouched of the Eye, Hand and Fist in the world of mortals, tell me, what are you in the land of immortals if such a distinction is required to be made at introductions?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Kye sitting at the table seems obvious of Latham's jiving nature and answer in a serious tone, "I am as are we all," he says moving his arm in a wave to gesture at everyone in the tavern. "I am as dust to those who are my betters."

Myth and Legend

First Post
The conversations at both tables go on for a while, Herriman managing to dodge Adelaide's inquiries by asking her of her Order's mission, and thus bearing trough a long winded explanation of the Temple of Lathander's work to be done in the Valley. Adelaide mentioned that if the Halfling should like to join, he has to apply with a man named Galen tomorow at the Temple.

Meanwhile Ferviel orders food and wine, paying Merry and the inkeeper graciously with the surly Dwarf's gold. The bag is heavy, filled with gold, platinum and silver, and the Cleric is not shy with the expenses. Merry had no time to talk, while she attended to the guests and ran back and forth between the kitchens and the main hall, but she managed to lean in and whisper in Thok's ear.

[sblock=Thok]"Stay in the second room to the right, on the third floor. I will come later."[/sblock]

She had ran along with a blush and that was all the contact the Half Orc had with the girl.

Ferviel on the other hand, had asked Kye and Thok about the Lady, a story the Helmite gladly provided, much to Latham's boredom. Ferviel reacted that he has tried releasing Livy's spirit from it's torment, but that it had turned out to be a very resilent and strong entity, and with a high degree of intelligence, managing a retreat when Ferviel was close to using Lathander's power to destroy it. He also was surprised that it should attack the likes of Jill and Kye, as she has never shown agression towards undeserving folk in the hundreds of years of her recorded existence.

The evening passed with food, drink and conversation, but at the later hours of the night, everyone had to retire as closing time was near. Ferviel had left with a belly full of wine and a happy grin on his face, and the Dwarves dragged themselves out, some crawling, others falling and crashingin to furniture. It would be a long way home for them.

The innkeeper, a mister Hatley, apoligized for the lack of proper lodgings, as there were only two free rooms, one with two beds, the other one with four, a bunk in the common quarters and a stack of hay in the stables.

Bran Bloodmane went over to the stables immediately, happy that he would be nearby his friend Lobri, which left the other quarters free. With Ferviel, the Dwarves and most of the patrons gone, the tavern is unnaturally quiet. Now the group stands before the sweaty inkeeper and a tired Merry who is on all fours, wiping the floor with a damp rag. "So? Who'll lodge with whom then? Can't have any of you sleeping in the streets, Lazarus will have my hide, not to mention his Lordship."

[sblock]I skipped along the idle conversation, it would have taken too long, plus you guys did not seem to want much character interaction at this point. Any questions you might have asked I can answer in the OOC. Now you have Thok, Kye, Latham, Keth, Sensalar and Alevyth, the others are gone.[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
"Unbloodylikely," Latham says. He looks at Keht speaking his name, prompting the githzerai to stand tall, crossing his arms across his chest, his hands still bandaged. "We'll take that room with two beds, as my friend here emits quite the pungent odor when he sleeps, so much so that it is fatal to those who lapse into the dream realm whilst in its presence." He gets up and moves toward the stairs, Keht following him. "Over the years, I've become immune to the odor, so you'll understand that this is for your own good."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"If thy retainer doith smell then he should take the hay stack in the barn." Kye says also crossing his arms. "Although I know not why Thok wishes his own room, he has laid claim to it first. And his actions on this day say he shall have what he wishes."

"The retainer to the barn, Thok to his own room, and that leaves the four of us to share in the commons. Or do you wish to contest this?"

Kye doesn't know why but the man's demeanor has the Helmite on edge. It could just be the events of the day have shakin' the holy warrior towards being less congenial than he normally is.

ethandrew

First Post
Latham stops at the stairs, turns around, and looks incredulously at this man, "Yes I wish to contest this." He looks over at Keht and utters a few words in a language that no one seems to recognize, and instantly the shrouded face of the githzerai glowers, eyes squinting at the Helmite, perhaps a knuckle or two cracked, it's not quite clear.

He points toward Thok, "Why again does this man deserve his own room? His actions of the day? Yes, wanton bloodshed, very actionable. Disrupting dinners, drinks, meetings with old friends, all ruined because of his hotheadedness?"

His pointing finger turned toward Alevyth, "And what of this boy? Earlier I saw him gut an innocent man with a hidden weapon from his knee. Just took those entrails clean out, killed him slow and painfully. Does he not deserve his own room?"

Another point toward the halfling Herriman, "And what of him? He braved the torrential downpour to tail a very powerful wizard and the wizard's bodyguard, knowing at any moment the wizard could turn and burn him to a crisp. That takes courage and bravery, does that not earn him his own room?"

This time his finger points toward Sensalar, "This man," Latham paused, actually looking at Sensalar, his face screwing up in a lack of recognition, "I actually don't know this man, which means his deeds certainly are not worthy of note and ergo is out of the running for this vacant room.

"And you,"
he points briefly at Kye before lowering his hand, "Well, you've already ceded that you don't want the room, so you're out of the running too.

"So yes, I'm contesting this. If the half-orc wishes to sleep alone, there's a solitary bunk in the common quarters, by my recollection. He can have that. Or, rather, since you two seem attached at the hip, you can share that bunk with him. I, however, am going to bed, without the lot of you."

His gaze is serious, jaw set, "Now if you'll excuse me."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Herriman frowns slightly at the priest’s bull-headedness and the damnable mage’s outburst. “Human, your ego and paranoia do you no credit at this moment. You accuse me of following some wizard, with no proof, all over a room in this place. A single room, set to sleep two. While the half-orc’s arrogance to claim it alone is annoying, and the priest’s backing of him stubborn, it is hardly cause to begin hurling insults and accusations.”

The dark-faced Halfling turns to Kye, then, his shadowed eyes looking over the just-as-loudmouthed priest. “And you, Hand of Helm, as you call yourself… Being as belligerent as the half-orc and this human do you no favors, either. I suggest you keep a lid on the long-winded prattling.”

The Halfling stops, eyes going around the room. In a shift of mood, he says flatly, “I would prefer one of the bunks in the room of four. If need be, however, I can take different accommodations.”

Remove ads