Valley of the Dead: Chapter 2 "Home of the sleepless"

Shayuri

First Post
"The undead will hide here until the main force passes," Mei-Ying proclaims as she guides her mount forward to join the palaver. "Then they will emerge and harry the soldiers and supply men in the back ranks. By the time word reahes the priests at the front, great damge wll have been wrought. Unless we eliminate them."

"Someone should press on though, and reach the main force so they know what to do should the rest of us fail."

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock=map of the area]
1jpgt.jpg
%C3%90%C2%9B%C3%91%C2%8F%C3%91%C2%81%C3%90%C2%BA%C3%90%C2%BE%C3%90%C2%B2%C3%90%C2%B5%C3%91%C2%86
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malachei

First Post
The elven woman rises, the wind playing with her white dress of finest silk. She was unlike most other elves you had seen. She is taller, more regal than others of the fair folk, but her grace is bitter, carried out with hesitation and reluctance. Her gaze does not halt when passing the orc warrior, and neither does it pause to greet the newcomers. She speaks to the wind, "Lórquelië Coranarya." she says, and adds, "of the Order Sublime," and then she nods, perhaps a small courtesy in greeting, or perhaps to confirm herself that this is the real world, and this is her speaking.

[sblock=Myth]

I think the Order Sublime would be a good title for the Incantatrices. Perhaps you want to allow somebody roll Knowledge Arcana on it.

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Thok no charging like crazed dwarf in there. Thok smart. Thok says we make plan. Burning down barn with zommbies inside will be good plan, let them burn, if they come out, Thok slays them one by one. No hurties for us. Thok smart." the barbarian says, rising an inquisitive clawed finger.

Shayuri

First Post
"I am Mei-Ying," the exotic sorceress answers the elf. "It is good to see survivors. Thok's account is of a harrowing ambush. I agree that we should end the hungry ghosts. I could easily set the barn aflame, and perhaps thin them out at the same time."

Scotley

Hero
The priest dismounts. "Well met Thok, Lórquelië. I am Geryk, Servant of Lathandar. Are either of you in need of healing?" He glance over them for wounds. "If we are to go into battle with the undead it should be at full strength." He makes minor adjustments to his armor and shield to ready them for battle.

[sblock=Myth]Sorry for the slow posting. I've been having a lot of trouble getting ENWorld to load the last few days.[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
[FONT=&quot]“Mei, you give no credit were commonsense is enough!” Zinerath chirped happily, amused that none have, yet, noted objecton to working with a devil child. “One, now two, parties have been sent ahead, one as a scout, and one as a recuing party.” He began grinningly.
“The main force might have blundered ahead without checking for blatant sources of ambush if only the relatively unaware scouting force failed to return, but for a second party that is on guard and believing it’s heading into ambush, or at least serious threat, to simply vanish?” he chimed knowingly, smugly while leaning towards Mei-Ying with a broad grin."they would either come to examine this area in force or find an alternative route.” He winked and added “to do otherwise is either folly or stupidity on their part.” Zinerath sighed, he was about to make an explanation.

“We travel from a host of Paladins and other holy warriors, proud and self-sure or not, they will now allow such a blatantly dangerous area to go unpurged before they risk they, duly noted, venerable and vital supply line to the unknown threat.” Zinerath trailed on while looking at his hands, boring himself as he continued “Given what Thok has told us there is little for the main force to lose if we vanish without reporting to them, it will just force them to react more powerfully, they will either rip the surround apart and remove any threat that we have and haven’t yet seen, or give it a wide birth and go around any possible threat altogether.” He spoke, nearly nodding off before being suddenly invigorated at the ebb of this monologue and the flow of another.
“Aged wood dos not a strong wall make, simply baring the door will not hold them long, and the walls will likely give way long before the supporting timbers if lit from the outside, and if the undead bother to break down the door, or a wall, more than one or two will flood out.” he chirped on happily, as if he was presenting good news all the while. He again reached into his pack with both hands, after leaning his scythe against his shoulder, and pull out several flaks, and some flint and steal; his face was positively giddy. It took no genus to surmise what were in the flasks
“So, I’m going to zip on top of that barn, create a window in the roof, and look in…” Zinerath spoke with enthusiasm and a burning psychotic glint in his eyes as he mentioned creating a window. He had been fighting the urge to unleash want and destruction for, in his mind, for far too long.

He swiftly turned to face the barn fully, away from Geryk, away, unleashed a anticipating glance to the barn. He grinned wickedly, closed his eyes, and then let his grin fade into a coy smile before looking the cleric in eyes “…Set fire to the inside of it!” he then proclaimed while attempting to hold back a maniacal laugh, and failing badly. Grinning like a crazed demon, he started glancing about and the party “Who has a torch they don’t care about!?!” he asked in growing anticipation, wings flared up and twitching, and ready to scale the barn the very moment he gets his hands on the object in question, giving pause only to place everything, but his scythe, into his pack, wave to Geryk long enough to give him a chance to speak, and then bolt off onto the barn unless he had something to add, the would give him cause to not leap onto the barn, cleave hole in its roof and then start flinging flakes of oil into it and then setting it all on fire with a lite torch.

[sblock=OoC]How tall is the barn anyways? :D
And sorry if I mad any misshaps with this post, it's very lat, night night ^^; [sblock][/FONT]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Rufus shrugs. "If you want to set fire to the place, I have a feeling the former owners won't mind. But I do feel the need to mention this: a burning zombie is still just as functional as a zombie-not-on-fire, with the added annoyance for us of flaming undead fists and a terrible stench. I don't know about you, but I for one don't look forward to starting a day with the smell of burning, rotting flesh. Bad omen. Mind you, I'll still be right there with you, blade ready to hack into their putrescent bodies, but there are more... olfactory-pleasing methods than setting them on fire."

He dismounts as he speaks and tries to secure his horse to a tree or bush, if one is nearby and available.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thok gets close to the priest, and whispers. "That thing crazy. Why you bring him?" he asks, addressing the half fiend, evidently loosing his mind over setting fire to things.
He then addresses Rufus. "Thok thought zombies will burnt down like lumber..."

Remove ads