Valley of the Dead: Chapter 2 "Home of the sleepless"

Zerith

First Post
[FONT=&quot]Zinerath was, disappointed, he was expecting to get a torch in short order. His grin closed and turned into a slightly perturbed, if still hopeful, smile; he had not yet given up on the idea of burning the structure, and any undead in side, down into cinders. “EveryOne ALways WANTs to spOil mY fUn…” He pouted beneath his breath in abyssal while he, reluctantly, replaced the flasks, Flint and steel into his pack and Thork talked.[/FONT]

Scotley

Hero
"Be not discouraged my young friend. Let the light of Lathandar do what it may first and you may vent your desire for exercise on those who persist." He takes up an odd mace that begins to glow with a pale blue light and a very old symbol of Lathandar.

"I have been granted some power to destroy the undead. Open the doors and I will call destruction down upon those that emerge. The darkest of them may well require your blades and magic as well."

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying was a little taken aback by the sheer amount of verbiage coming from the affronted man-devil, but she quickly regained her composure, letting it wash over her as the ocean washed over tidal rocks.

"Then go," she urged. "Open the doors and let what waits inside out. I'll not call on fire before you're clear."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Upon closer inspection, the doors of the barn are as Thok had left them - semi open, two massive timber gates on rusty hinges. The barn itself lacks windows, and the walls are made of tightly nailed planks, worn by the weather on the outside. The structure is about 20 feet tall at a glance.

[sblock=Listen check DC 25]Quiet moaning, girgling sounds and heavy footsteps can be heard from inside the barn.[/sblock]

[sblock]Zerith, if you could please leave the typeface as Verdana? It's been proven that Verdana is the easiest typeface to read. That seriff typeface you use, and the small size, make it horror for me to read your posts :.-( [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Geryk takes up a position opposite the doors about 20' out where the path turns to run directly toward the doors. "Don't seem inclined to wander about do they? Perhaps they don't care for the daylight?"

OOC: [sblock=?]I'm not sure how I managed to roll 5d20 instead of 1d20+5, but I appear to have gotten 5 natural 20's so I guess Geryk heard the sounds... I don't suppose I can save some of those until the fight starts? ;-) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thok prepares his sword, and seems ready to charge in and slice heads off. His fangs are visible and he has a savage expression on his face.

How is 5x20= 60? You rolled a 9, a 10, a 12 a 9 and a 20

Scotley

Hero
Thok prepares his sword, and seems ready to charge in and slice heads off. His fangs are visible and he has a savage expression on his face.

How is 5x20= 60? You rolled a 9, a 10, a 12 a 9 and a 20

[sblock=VV]You're right. My browser is doing some very strange things while ENWorld is running so slow. When I looked I only got twenties, but 60 is obviously only an average of 12. I am at a loss. Maybe I just need to get more sleep. :D [/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
Zinerath was growing weary of tactical preparations that were devolving into little more than simply opening the barn's gate and then waiting to be charged. He wanted to get to the action. "[FONT=&quot]♪With doom we come, to the barn, with doom we come with doom we come![FONT=&quot]♫[/FONT]"[/FONT] he chirped happily and lowly in the tongue of devils to himself as he hastened towards the barn, he stopped to the side and in front of Geryk

Seemingly stopping short of the doors, Zinerath grinned heartily, imagining the destruction that was about to unleashed, while leaning his scythe against his shoulder and shouting “I aM NiGH!” commandingly and with gleeful vigor in the chaotic tongue of demons, as wisps of black mist breathed between his fanged teeth before he then reached at the gates. His arms shot towards the door with the seemingly futile gesture before he attempted to attempt to slam the doors fully while sparing no force; he then intended to grab his scythe and slay the first abomination that stepped past the threshold

[sblock=OoC] Activating whirling frenzy and 1 of his 3 daily uses of his great reach bracers :3
Also, he is either 15’ or 10’ away from the doors, depending on how far he has to be to open them with a 15’ reach ^_^[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
The doors open, the well oiled hinges providing no great obstacle for the devil child. The inside of the barn is dimly light, and the pungent odor of decaying flesh fills the nostrils immediately. A group of walking dead growl and are bent over the rent body of what appears to be a pale, delicate human female, her blue eyes staring lifelessly at the ceiling, her curly blond hair drenched in blood that has already turned black and thick.

A shattered longsword lies nearby, pieces scattered about the barn, and a zombie has been cut in two trough the waist in the middle of the room.

Behind the group looms a hulking figure, large and imposing, and currently occupied by searching a nearby horse pen. They all seem sluggish, espeically the cadavers.

[sblock]roll initative!

Rough estimation of the pack of zombies (5 of them) and the Large thing (the map is outdated as none of you are actually inside the barn, but it works.

mapl.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Geryk presents the old ornate symbol of Lathandar boldly and announces, "May the pure light of Lathandar lay you to rest."

[sblock=OOC]19 hit dice of undead up to 13th level destroyed. Closest first. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases