• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOIN Vampifan's WOIN Blog

Vampifan

Explorer
It was time consuming, Morrus, but it worked well. It helped that I gave all of the unnamed colonists and mercenaries identical stats - identical that is for each group. I then split them into three groups - right flank, centre and left flank. The mercs were better skilled than the colonists but cover played a huge part in keeping down the casualties of the defenders. All in all, it was a fun experience and it certainly tested the rules.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have been vaguely thinking about a variation of the combat rules designed for larger groups. Not mass combat and units, but say 100 individuals or so. It would likely involve simplifying damage so you’re not tracking a hundred combatants simultaneously. Maybe two statuses - bloodied and dead.

M3woods

Explorer
I have been vaguely thinking about a variation of the combat rules designed for larger groups. Not mass combat and units, but say 100 individuals or so. It would likely involve simplifying damage so you’re not tracking a hundred combatants simultaneously. Maybe two statuses - bloodied and dead.
I've been jotting notes for something similar for space combat. I need to firm it up and give it a test run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using EN World mobile app

Vampifan

Explorer
[MENTION=6855284]M3woods[/MENTION]. I can see a lot of merit in coming up with rules for big space combats. I wish you well in bringing it to fruition.

Remove ads