Vampire: Book of Nod & Inquisition Books Incoming

Vampire: the Masquerade (5th Edition*) gets two new supplements this year from Renegade Games: The Book of Nod, and The Second Inquisition.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 12.15.15 PM.png

The Book of Nod is a collection of texts presented in poetry format, and Coates the history of the vampire clans all the way back to Caine. This book is lore rather than mechanics, with a faux-leather cover, and a blood red ribbon. It can be used in-game as a prop. There's no release date, but it is priced at $50.

There's also an 'artifact edition' which comes in a wooden crate along with a bunch of scrolls, a hand-written journal, a stone' tablet, and various handouts, photos, fliers, and letters.

book-of-nod-graphics-2000px.png

The Second Inquisition delves into the Secret Church, an organization devoted to destroying the vampires. It includes new artifacts and antagonists, and information on the Society of St. Leopold and the American FIRSTLIGHT black program. It is slated for October for $45.

*of Vampire: the Masquerade

Dire Bare

Legend
I don't know if this new Book of Nod is a reprint or updated in some way, but . . . $50! Yeesh! The copy I had back in the day was paperback and (I think) black-and-white.

Still, I always thought it was a neat idea. An in-world artifact for your game. Each of the World of Darkness games had a similar equivalent.

I like a bit of fluff as much as the next guy, but I would like some mechanics in my game book.

The Book of Nod has never had any mechanics in any of its versions and has always been just fluff/a prop for Vampire games.

Also announced a couple of weeks ago, but not posted about here, two other new products, the Sabbat sourcebook and a Storyteller's Screen. Here are the links for everything:

MGibster

Legend
The Book of Nod has never had any mechanics in any of its versions and has always been just fluff/a prop for Vampire games.
I know. It's just that I was a bit disappointed by the minimum amount of rules in the Camarilla and the Anarch books released for 5E as well. I really like 5th edition and I'm happy to see new products being released. I don't know if my group will want to give another campaign a shot. They've been shying away from darker material in favor of more optimistic games these days.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
I bought the Book of Nod back in 2002 I believe. It was such an interesting read and I think one of the most impactful things I read for Vampire. It really helped me understand how to characterize older vampires. It also helped me put a constant hint of mystery, history, and an expanded deeper meaning to my games. I highly recommend this book.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I bought the Book of Nod back in 2002 I believe. It was such an interesting read and I think one of the most impactful things I read for Vampire. It really helped me understand how to characterize older vampires. It also helped me put a constant hint of mystery, history, and an expanded deeper meaning to my games. I highly recommend this book.
The companion book about Lilith was great, as well.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
The companion book about Lilith was great, as well.

I talk about it all the time but, these books are instrumental, imo, for Dark Ages games as they have more revelence in that world. As the Cappadocians and Lamia are still around, the Book about Lilith is quite handy. There is a story in the beginning of the Gypsy book that fits in with these books quite nicely and is an interesting read. Always found that White Wolf did a very good job of 'alternate theology'.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases