Vampire the Masquerade 5th. edition....how crunchy is it?

daddystabz

Explorer
I own all the stuff so far for Vampire the Masquerade 5e but it has been months since my initial read-through of the material. I remember having the impression upon first read through that I was surprised at the number of rules, especially for vampires and how they operate (Blood Resonance and Blood Humors being one big one.) I remember though that the game makes some things modular.

I want to run a mostly narratively driven game with rolls for things like skill checks and combat mostly. How crunchy do you all feel VtM 5e is and what parts of the game are indeed modular and can be removed for a more narrative game? Which ones does the book seem to encourage leaving out?

5ekyu

Hero
I own all the stuff so far for Vampire the Masquerade 5e but it has been months since my initial read-through of the material. I remember having the impression upon first read through that I was surprised at the number of rules, especially for vampires and how they operate (Blood Resonance and Blood Humors being one big one.) I remember though that the game makes some things modular.

I want to run a mostly narratively driven game with rolls for things like skill checks and combat mostly. How crunchy do you all feel VtM 5e is and what parts of the game are indeed modular and can be removed for a more narrative game? Which ones does the book seem to encourage leaving out?
Can you give us a scale to work with?

On a crunch scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being narrative and 10 being crunch can you give us three to four games positions on that scale?

Also, I might suggest you seek out KAbyNight on twitch geek and sundry (maybe youtube) for a multi-session 5e VtM campaign run by one involved with the creators. It likely shows you some good play examples and ut feels very narrative to me in their play.

But, I will say, the chargen is complex albeit in an intuitive building person sort of way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases