• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire: the Masquerade - The Sabbat [Rated R]

Tokiwong

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Will the game begin with us crawling free of the grave? If not, exactly how much time has passed?

Pretty much ith one foot in the grave, I will describe events leading up to the embrace, and then blam the embrace.... and the game begins, so think seconds, hell some of you may still be interred during the first post :) I am looking at maybe a week or so before we begind research, and prep and time to hammer out any details...

Not sure on the Tzimisce discipline being a Disease or not... I will read up on how that works, and see if I wish to add it, I aim to keep this pretty simple, and not make my job any harder then it has to be :)

Catulle

Hero
Heya,

Well, things seem to be coming together pretty well at this stage; I'm certainly learning a lot in the process of researching Catalan history and 'national' identity. I'm pretty well settled on the concept I posted, though the stats are taking a little longer than anticipated. I'd be interested in developing him in the direction of the Path of Power and the Inner Voice - a kind of meditant, visionary approach to enlightenment rather than the 'dominate eveybody around me' kind (I worry about this path in play a lot myself, so I think I'd be responsible). Though all this would happen in play, of course, would it be a workable objective for me to set myself?

As a question for Tokiwong and, well, all of you: as you might be aware, I have a girlfriend who has been casting me curious looks over the past few months since I signed up here, ("what are you doing?" has become a staple greeting) and she'd be interested in giving online roleplaying a whirl - would there be space for Helen to join in here? I know we could be a little heavily subscribed already, so I'd quite understand if it's not a goer.

Regards,

Barry

Fanog

First Post
Barry and others,

if it matters and for your information, I have decided to let this game slide. I don't think a Sabbat game is my kind of game at the moment. I'll just lurk this one.

Have fun all, I'll be sure to follow your, er... progression. :D

Fanog

Catulle

Hero
A work in progress

Ramon Massó
13th Generation Malkavian antitribu
Nature: Visionary
Demeanour: Guru
Concept: Sculptor in ideas

Physical
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 4 (steady hands)
Stamina: 2

Social
Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 5 (persuasive)
Appearance: 3

Mental
Perception: 3
Intelligence: 2
Wits: 1

Talents
Alertness: 1
Athletics: 1
Empathy: 3
Expression: 2
Intimidation: 3
Streetwise: 1
Subterfuge: 2

Skills
Crafts: Sculpture 4 (surealist)
Melee: 2

Knowledges
Academics: 2
Law: 1
Linguistics: 2 (Catalan, French)
Politics: 3
Occult: 1

Backgrounds
Fame: 2
Resources: 2 (a house and bank account)

Disciplines
Dementation: 4

Virtues
Conscience: 1
Self Control: 4
Courage: 3

Humanity: 5
Willpower: 5
Blood Pool: 10

Clan Weakness
Permanent derangement: Overcompensation
Malkavian antitribu may never spend Willpower to resist Frenzy.

8 Freebies; bought 4 backgrounds, 2 willpower, 1 skill

An ambitious artist, both following in the footsteps of and idolising Salvador Dali. His chosen medium is sculpture, and was quite willing to plumb the depths to spark his inspiration, a trait which has led him into addiction and degradation behind a cool facade.

He has acquired a degree of infamy in the past years, regarded as something of an enfant terrible (or should that be el niño revoltoso?), and has run with a distinctly political slant to his art and publicity. In fact, he mirrors in a number of ways the approach of the French surrealists who shunned his distant mentor, though his chosen cause is that of Catalan nationalism.

His Embrace came from a Malkavian antitribu who was quite the fan. The Freak been feeding from him for a few months, the blood loss fuelling him into a maelstrom of creativity, when the call to the creation rites went out. The rather lazy Cainite simply took the most convenient prey on a walk, "to get some air", and the rest was much as may be expected.

Last edited:

Tory Adore

First Post
I think it would be very cool if Helen would like to come and play with us! I know Reap and I have had a good time playing in Catulle's game together, and I think Helen would be a very good addition to our group. :)

Tokiwong

First Post
Not going to go against popular opinion, but I am still not sure just how many players we have, more then 8 may be unwieldy in an a PBP

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Re: A work in progress

Catulle said:

Disciplines
Dementation: 4

Can we start with disciplines over 3 points? I think the main rules sets level 3 as the limit for new characters.

I think you can go over with freebie points, but we don't have enough to do that and have more than one dot in backgrounds.

EDIT - As far as the number of PCs goes, I say the more the merrier. Of course, I'm not the Storyteller either. :p

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads