• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampiric werewolves

Nebrok

First Post
The DM of our current campaign has already ruled that a werewolf can become a vampire. In fact, that is one of the main points of this campaign and vampiric werewolves are the main stay of the enemy forces. Now something unprecedented has happened…

My character is a vampire and was severely starved because he was trapped in a cave system with little to no “food”. And the first thing that I found after escaping the caves was a werewolf, so I “feed” of that werewolf. Latter on I find out that the werewolf blood affected my character, making him a vampiric werewolf.

I want to know what others think of this situation, if vampiric werewolves are allowed should this be allowed? Personally I don’t truly care as this make my character stronger, granted with a little less control of my from as of right now. Just wondering what the masses would rule

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
There is no official rule that the vampire and werewolf templates can not be stacked together. However, it has been said by other ENWorledrs that doing this is redundant and has no real benefit.

diaglo

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
There is no official rule that the vampire and werewolf templates can not be stacked together. However, it has been said by other ENWorledrs that doing this is redundant and has no real benefit.

biggest offset.

lycanthrope returns to normal form when dies.

vampires are undead.

so i would guess a natural lycanthrope could be a vampire. but i'm not too sure about an infected humanoid becoming one.

edit: and the other way around by RAW isn't allowed. since vampires are undead. and not of the type to be infected by lycanthropy.

Apollo's WIll

First Post
Your DM has ruled that you can become so, so it should be so, but…

As the vampire (undead) you were, you become immune to diseases, so if lycanthropes is a disease in the setting, than you should not have transformed.

But if the DM is smart, he rules that lycanthropes is a curse. Undead and Vampires are not immune to that, and the combination of the two can both be explained and done.

Remove ads