• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Variant rogue

SolosAddie

Explorer
just to note

if i read this correctly, the rouge doesn't have to build up five combo points to use the finishing moves.

for max, benefit yes, but you can use them at lesser values.

Trellian

Explorer
SolosAddie said:
if i read this correctly, the rouge doesn't have to build up five combo points to use the finishing moves.

Hmm.. you're right, it just gets more effective. Well, that changes a lot, I guess.

Well, I'm still unsure if I want to allow it or not. It's not like D&D doesn't have enough base classes as it is..

Asurya

First Post
quote SolosAddie: if i read this correctly, the rouge doesn't have to build up five combo points to use the finishing moves.

It works like that in the MMO IIRC: the 5 point cap is just that : a CAP, for balance sake.
The wording of finishing move is very clear on this.

The thing is, you cannot split the use of your combo point in the MMO: if you have 5CP, you cannot Slice and Dice for 2 pts and Crippling strike for 3 (I chose these two on purpose: their effect is tied to the CP invested in them).
In a Pen&Paper though, a feat could do that (perhaps not in the same round).

@adamx20: glad to be of service :D

Herobizkit

Adventurer
That's a helluva lot of bookkeeping. I probably would never play such a monster (of course, I don't play them in WoW, either)... instead, I would opt for the Martial Rogue variant in the Unearthed Arcana:

Rogue
The rogue who favors martial training over stealth and cunning can profit if she chooses her fights carefully.

Gain Bonus feats (as fighter); Lose Sneak attack.

Remove ads