• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Venture 4TH - Pact of the Vermin Lords

Rechan

Adventurer
And if anyone has ideas about what they'd like to see, please post them
Well, this might be a little big a project for you, or a hairy thing to tackle, but over on the rules forum we're debating on how (or even if) a Ranged Defender could work. I wouldn't mind pimping such a project. But a full on class is a bit large to swallow, compared to a pact (which is more a class lite, a template for an existing core class, not re-inventing the wheel).

As for Pacts, another thought is a pact that one would make with, say, an entity of change, creation, or mutation. Imagine a warlock who mimiced abilities of monsters, "stole" powers from others, etc. It wouldn't be identical in mechanics to what that monster could do, but it would be thematically appropriate. Maybe it allows the Warlock minor changes to their body for the duration.

Also, and I know this might sound odd, but I would like to see some Warlock powers or pacts that might facilitate melee engagement.

Last edited:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
That's an interesting idea right there: a mechanic/construct pact of some sort. That would fit great in Zobeck or any campaign with a steampunkish vibe.

raptor112

First Post
That's an interesting idea right there: a mechanic/construct pact of some sort. That would fit great in Zobeck or any campaign with a steampunkish vibe.

I've always had a thing for clockwork/fantasy technology, and always used it somewhere in my D&D games. I was disapointed when Lantan was destroyed in 4E Forgotten realms. But hey if I can get a warlock pact done with a mechanius/clockwork theme, I'll be happy.

raptor112

First Post
The only problem I see is how do you do a pact with a clockwork creature, or rather what kind of clockwork creature. All of the warlock pacts are tied to a very powerful near god like being or beings. With Mechanius gone its much harder. Though I still want a pact based around it, and con based would be pretty cool

raptor112

First Post
I'm afraid not. We've got a few things coming out before the end of the year, but additional Pacts will be released in January.
any chance we can get a sneak peak at what those pacts might be? Or even just a broad view of what ideas are coming down the pipe?

sgstyrsky

First Post
The only problem I see is how do you do a pact with a clockwork creature, or rather what kind of clockwork creature. All of the warlock pacts are tied to a very powerful near god like being or beings.

We could always make up some powerful, near-god like mechanical beings. Lord of Gears, Patron of Cogs and Wheels, Avatar of Chains. Hmmm, gives me some ideas.

With Mechanius gone its much harder. Though I still want a pact based around it, and con based would be pretty cool

Well, the great thing about what we're doing here is that it doesn't have to completely fit in the "official" setting.

Remove ads