D&D 5E Verdict on Book of Many Things?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, some of them are quite good, but my original plan was to get all the regular covers so the spines would match on the book shelf, and also I didn't really like some of the early special covers, but they're definitely improving as they go. I do really like the Golden Vault cover, and the Planescape set is just gorgeous. Like it could be a coffee table set piece kind of thing.
Oh, yeah, that was why I didn't go for them for years myself: particularly when there were so few books, I liked them being all matchy. Looking back, the only ones I really regret not getting are Rising from the Last War and Candlekeep, but even there I looe the standard covers just fine.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yeah, at least not in these parts. Them again, I hear a lot of complaints about the logistics on p as t physical-digital bundles, so people might be wary of it from the physical side at this point.
IME, the shipping of Dragonlance had a lot of issues, at least in Europe. But the other times when I bought from WotC's EU store, it went very smoothly. The books were shipped by courier (more or less) a couple of days before release date and arrived quickly.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Ludovicus is a male d&d Cleric, aged 37, stands 6' 7", and weighs 175 lb. He is bald and has deep brown eyes. He wears crimson clerical robes and gilded armor. He will stay with a party and help them as long as it is profitable for him. "Gods help those who help themselves," he says seriously. He values gold highly. Wears plate mail and shield; carries a magical warhammer, mace, 6 bottles holy water; ankh holy symbol.

View attachment 326410View attachment 326411View attachment 326412View attachment 326413View attachment 326414View attachment 326415View attachment 326416View attachment 326417View attachment 326418View attachment 326419View attachment 326420View attachment 326421View attachment 326422View attachment 326423View attachment 326424View attachment 326425View attachment 326426View attachment 326427View attachment 326428View attachment 326429View attachment 326430View attachment 326431View attachment 326432
@ Parmandur: I think you've gotten your threads mixed up!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I loves these! I was not expecting the
Spelljammer Harbor
but I'm very happy it's there!
Yeah, I appreciate that stuff like that isn't being ignored in further releases. See also, the mention of Journey of the Radiant Citadel in Keys from the Golden Vault and the Shattered Obelisk.

Last edited:

Remove ads