• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

very impressed

dannyg

First Post
I've tended to write my own campaigns for 20 years of DMing. I waited for #2 in the 4ed series to make a judgment about WOTBS, and I'm very pleased. For the first time in a while I haven't felt the need to edit like crazy, or put a lot of work in to adding interest to encounters, environments, or depth to characters. WOTBS is definitely a set of modules I wish I had written, and makes my job so much easier.

I haven't seen enough made of the nice way you have adapted 4ed rules, especially with skill encounters. IMO players shouldn't even need to be aware of participating in a "skill challenge" and how many failures versus successes they have had; storytelling can completely mask the mechanics here, and should. WOTBS does this nicely.

Thanks!

John Doom

Explorer
I have recently purchased the subscription to the 4th edition version of this campaign and am truly amazed by how well this is put together. I have not been this excited to DM in, literally forever.

I also wanted to send thanks for providing some of the maps at a 1" scale, and was wondering if more of them will be coming out? I think having the great looking maps for the minis really adds a whole new level of play experience.

Erywin

First Post
Very excited

So finally managed to purchase my subscription now that I can log into the site again! Just reading the first adventure and really excited about running this for my group. There might be the possibility that I will be running it for two separate groups simultaneously, one group being a tabletop group of friends and the second being a group of my online gaming buddies, we shall see how that goes. Just wanted to drop a line saying that what I have read so far I REALLY like, great material and design! Back to reading I go.

Cheers,
E

Remove ads