View numbers

Is there any way to see the exact number of views on a thread once it gets more than a thousand? It becomes "1K" at that point on the main forum page, which isn't very informative.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is there any way to see the exact number of views on a thread once it gets more than a thousand? It becomes "1K" at that point on the main forum page, which isn't very informative.

Well, after that it goes up by thousands - 1k, 2k, 8k etc. The "Full and Glorious History of NuTSR" thread is listed as 581K views.

Is there a particular reason you need more specific numbers?

Well, after that it goes up by thousands - 1k, 2k, 8k etc. The "Full and Glorious History of NuTSR" thread is listed as 581K views.

Is there a particular reason you need more specific numbers?
Just that it's encouraging when writing a story hour to see the numbers go up. Once things get to "1K" you're left wondering if anyone is still reading until it hits "2K", which might take a while.

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Just that it's encouraging when writing a story hour to see the numbers go up. Once things get to "1K" you're left wondering if anyone is still reading until it hits "2K", which might take a while.
For what it's worth, I second this motion - also for reasons of Story Hour.

I don’t write the forum software. It’s off the shelf stuff. Sorry!
I was mainly hoping either 1) there'd be a setting in the existing software that could changed or 2) there's some place the number is displayed that I just haven't found yet. I certainly understand this isn't a big enough issue to change the forum software as a whole.

Remove ads