• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's 'A New Beginning...' [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Gallo looks hungrily at the stick and orb; he sure could've used something like that a time or two.

"This is all well and good," he says. "But I've got to ask: This map that he's after, what's it about? Seems if we're going to be risking our necks to keep him from getting it, we should know a bit about it, doesn't it?"

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"Ah, the map." The wizard rises from his chair in some agitation. "That is the shame of it. All the death over the years, all the misery. It has all been to find this map." Brolinar waves his hand dismissively. "There is nothing there, I am sure of it. Just some ancient burial mound. It is all some madness of Crow's."

The wizard seems a bit irritated for a moment, then remarks in exasperation, "I have the map in this house. Here, I'll show it to you" The wizard leaves the room, and you can once again hear him rummaging about.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Yeah, were in over our heads. Undoubtedly everyone is a liar, a trickster, and under the sway of an all-powerful demon lord elder god from beyond creation. I guess at this point, we just need to figure how far were going to go before we turn tail run like hell. Personally I'd at least like to get to locking up this 'crow' in a ball and stick game. That alone would be enough amusement for my lifetime."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
After several minutes, Brolinar returns to the parlor, carrying a rather large scroll tied with a blue ribbon.

"Alright now, let's see here then," he mutters as he fiddles with the ribbon to untie the scroll. He then places the scroll on a coffee table, unrolls it before you. He blows off a considerable amount of dust, coughs twice, and pushes his spectacles back up his nose.

"Here it is then." The map shows a trail leading east up into the mountains, and it stops at a large red X. The wizard taps the X with his long, thing forefinger. "You see this place... it is marked here the Whispering Cairn."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"The cairn is a barrow. A burial mound," explains the old wizard. "The locals say that many of the old cairns in this area make a whispering sound, a susurrus, if you will. It is naught but an effect of the clever ventilation systems designed by the original builders."

The wizard pushes his spectacles back up his nose and sniffs. "No doubt that is why the unimaginative cartographer so named it." Brolinar looks at you and blinks.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"Oh, I don't even know. Some item of power or other, I suppose," replies the wizard, somewhat irritated. "There is nothing there, I am sure of it. Just some fantasy of Crow's."

Remove ads