• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

Rhun

First Post
"I think I will add that my list of "famous last words," says Zazz to Norbrit, raising an eyebrow as he examines Cyrus' glass prison. Clearly Kord did not value intelligence in his priests. The elf turns his attention back to the chamber, looking for a way to raise the glass.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
The glass cube appears mostly unremarkable. It looks as if it made out of large panes of glass, closing Cyrus in on all 4 sides, as well as the top. Zazz searches the room, but finds no latch or lever to raise the cube.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Norbrit studies the glass for a moment, scratching his head through the matted tangles. "I s'pose there be one sure way to get rid o' all this glass," he says as he takes up his axe in both hands.

"Cover yerself, ye big oaf!"

doghead

thotd
ic - Transmuters

Lazarius shakes his head and sighs. He has to stifle a giggle at Zazz's observation. Really, it wouldn't do to laugh at the misfortunes of one's companions. But honestly ...

He doesn't think that the cube is going to be broken with an axe, but he steps clear of Norbrit and towards Zazz all the same.

"Keep an eye on the way out," he suggests to Zazz. "I'll keep an eye on the way we came in. At some point the kobolds may decide to come looking for us."

Lazarius turns, then pauses. "Look for some form of release mechanism. Verdivis used this room for summoning. The cage is probably to contain what he summoned. But don't touch anything. He may have had disposal mechanisms in the cage as well. In case something he summoned was ... uncooperative."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Norbrit swings his large axe and brings it crashing into the wall of the cube. As the blade makes contact with the glass-smooth surface, sparks fly and Norbrit's arm are jangled and jarred. In surprise, he sees that he has not even left the slightest blemish on the shiny surface. Dismayed, he swings a couple more times, but with no different result. He stands back to scratch his head and think it over for a moment. As he does so, the glass cube rises again to free Cyrus. This seems to be as abrupt as the way it fell in the first place, and not precipitated by Norbrit's efforts, though it is hard to tell. All told, Cyrus was trapped under the cube for about 10-12 seconds.

Lazarius pops back into vision beside Zazz.

Remove ads