• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Maiden of Pain's Redemption

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You deserve this for just being yourself, and because I love you. No other reason needs to be said," Orshallan whispers, embracing her and giving her a deep kiss.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Unfettered/Bondblade)

* Not sure what to think, let alone do, Loviana instinctively returns the kiss with her own passion. Finally, through force of will she breaks the kiss and looks upon her love with soulful eyes. *

“I do not wish to you leave you now, or ever, but your gift will make our separation bearable.. I’ll return soon, tonight, and maybe we can share a bed like a couple in love should? If not then I will be happy to be held.”

* The love in her blue eyes leaves no doubt about the truth of her words. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Orshallan just gives a broad, mischievious smile as the servant comes back with news that the cab is ready.*

"We'll see. Return safely to me," he says, giving her a last hug before she leaves.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* After giving one last hug she turns and fallows the servant to the cab as she draws near it she whispers one last time to her love and one last time to reassure herself. *

“Soon my love, so soon.”

* As the cab departs she gives the driver simple directions but they lead not to the safe house but to the masquerade where she bought her current hair and eye color. Most of its cliental was above the table, entertainer from court jester to thespians, but it was also know by does bellow the law for it’s masterworks. *

* The cab stopped a few blocks away from Loviana destination, in a wooded area that contained lots of exits and many shadows, it was also an area well know to Loviana. *

* A few seconds later a city guard, Loviana in disguise, begins making it rounds though the back alleys but he fallows none of the normal routes as he steadily works his way to the masquerade shop. *

* The old lady running the shop had long ago grown accustomed to weirder sights and thought nothing of a gruff city guard asking for hair die of every tint imaginable and buy some of the more superior eye color changing contacts. *

* Her safe house not far at all, though it’s located in the worse section of town in the area, Loviana, still guised as the city guard makes his way to the area but when he draws near the safe house the shadows consumed him, his body shifts to that of a old bag lady and it’s this bag lady that challenges the street urchins for access to the dilapidated building. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The street urchins shriek and alternately mob and flee from the bag lady, seeing if she has the guts to push through them, like any real resident would.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* Seeing the street urchins fleeing brings little relief to Loviana as any real ambush will come from within the building. *

* She quickly moves to the favored entrance, the once facing the side yard as she scans the surroundings out of habit and unobserved from deep within her cloak. *

* Opening the door she disappears with in the dark building as her keen eyes quickly adjust to the absence of light. Her quarters, some of the larger in the building sit in the middle hallway on the second floor and Loviana quickly proceeds not to the closest stairwell but to the one in plain view down the long hallway before her. *

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* Though the tension was missing from the air the familiar taste of pain was present, before Loviana always found reassurance in this but now it only made her skin craw and made her desire to hurry nearly uncontrollable but it’s a cautious and methodical Loviana that unlocks the door and twists the numb to the left, the opposite direction but the one that opens the door without springing a nasty needle trap. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Inside the room is quiet and undisturbed, with a faint hint of dust showing from Loviana's absence for the past few days. So far, everything seems clear... until you shut the door.*

*On the back of the door, written in blood that's still slightly sticky, is the symbol of Loviatar. You've been marked, though probably they're not near now. It's a game you know well. The anticipation of pain is often worse than the pain itself, and that's what they intend to do, to frighten and hound you before closing in. The quicker you can cover your traces, the better.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviama: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

* Loviana frowns in dismay but she moves quickly, releasing Skada incase the anticipation is to much for those still loyal to Loviatar from her glove to gather her few belongings. Her most unusual possession is that of a small dollhouse, a gift from a master carpenter and mage, delicately into a mundane backpack. Her other item of worry is that of a jewelry box, though the layer of dust upon it leaves little doubt that no one has touched it since her departure though Loviana is unwilling to open it to double check as she knows that the music would seem ungodly loud and carry none of it’s soothing reassuring melody to her tonight. *

* Looking quickly around her she decides that very few things are worthy of her attention and her eyes land upon the mark one more time and she finds herself wishing it could indeed be different, that Loviatar could find Orshallan’s decision to leave as an acceptable end to this mission, her final one. Heironeous' church was obviously weaker without him in such a highly needed position. It seemed so clear to her. *

“I wish you could understand… I give only my heart and none of your secrets.”

* Feeling that this chapter, but not her life, was done Loviana lifts her few belongings and heeds for the door. *

Remove ads