Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Zardnaar

Legend

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_101817.jpg
    IMG_20220731_101817.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Think it's been 4 weeks.

IMG_20220803_174119.jpg

Monteith's Great Divide Pale Ale 4.5%

Trying a new restaurant and the have the DB range of beers. Which are usually a bit meh but Monteith's is usually alright.

This one is just a slight hoppy pale ale that's borderline hazy. Still a amber hue over the pale lagers. Maco PA

Wasn't expecting much but pleasantly surprised as it's reasonably good. Not as good as my Emersons bit it's a lot cheaper.

7/10 overall on the cheap pale ale options it's one of the better ones.

Ordered another one. Reasonably sure this one is in USA.

IMG_20220803_180000.jpg

Been a while since I've done the Mexican beer with fruit done the spout. Quite enjoying it easy enough to drink.
Bloody hell cheap date. Straight to my head.

So ordered a third.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Edmund Oast's Cordial Offering - Raspberry Truffle - Imperial Stout with Cacao Nibs and Raspberries Added.

3.8/5 on Untappd. 10%ABV. Not overly sweet, so a good dark chocolate raspberry truffle. This looks like the third kind I've had aiming at that (Lindley Park by Olde Hickory and DuClaw's PastryArchy Naked Fish. This might be the best of the three if you're going to drink the whole thing instead of just a small glass, and is definitely drinkable.

I think I'm just going to give up on chocolate raspberry beers though.

1659738539287.png1659738547821.png

Zardnaar

Legend
Edmund Oast's Cordial Offering - Raspberry Truffle - Imperial Stout with Cacao Nibs and Raspberries Added.

3.8/5 on Untappd. 10%ABV. Not overly sweet, so a good dark chocolate raspberry truffle. This looks like the third kind I've had aiming at that (Lindley Park by Olde Hickory and DuClaw's PastryArchy Naked Fish. This might be the best of the three if you're going to drink the whole thing instead of just a small glass, and is definitely drinkable.

I think I'm just going to give up on chocolate raspberry beers though.

View attachment 256614View attachment 256615

Keep saying the KISS principal applies to beer.

Gas a hoppy pilsner and an IPA last night. This morning couldn't decide between a flat white or a mocha so got both.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Hit two German restaurants while in DC this week - Cafe Berlin for sausages, bratkartoffel, and kartoffelsalat, and Prost for short rib spaetzle. Last time I was in DC I got sausages at Old Europe. There are a few more to try on future visits.

At both places this time I had the Köstritzer Schwarzbier (had never had it before). It's a keeper. I'm not sure how to describe it - heavier than the dunkels or dunkel weisses, with almost a creaminess (something I usually don't like) at the end. 4.8% ABV, with an 88=Very Good on Beer Advocate (3.91/5).

PXL_20220811_001653050.jpgPXL_20220807_234015283.jpgPXL_20220811_002138624.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Hit two German restaurants while in DC this week - Cafe Berlin for sausages, bratkartoffel, and kartoffelsalat, and Prost for short rib spaetzle. Last time I was in DC I got sausages at Old Europe. There are a few more to try on future visits.

At both places this time I had the Köstritzer Schwarzbier (had never had it before). It's a keeper. I'm not sure how to describe it - heavier than the dunkels or dunkel weisses, with almost a creaminess (something I usually don't like) at the end. 4.8% ABV, with an 88=Very Good on Beer Advocate (3.91/5).

View attachment 257189View attachment 257190View attachment 257191

Didn't buy any beer at start of week.

Caved and bought two German pilsners.

IMG_20220809_181135.jpg

Think this might be the cheapest beer that's not awful.

G

Guest 7034872

Lagavulin again tonight. I just got moved into the new home and right now it's all I have. I'll hit the liquor store later this week and get a bunch of goodies.

Remove ads