• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

G

Guest 7034872

I'm having flashbacks to a party in college where I had a bunch of drinks of different types ... Hoping you're doing better now than I was the next two days!
Yeah, I was sitting here, reading the thread, and wondering: how's the morning treating you, Zardnaar?

Zardnaar

Legend
Suffer the morning.
IMG_20220828_093143.jpg

IMG_20220828_091510.jpg

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
Three beers today.

Industrial Arts "Cold IPA" -an IPL. Very good! Nice change from the usual. Perhaps to many IBU's, but Industrial Arts never fails to make a high quality product, even if the style isn't your favorite.

Fall of Song - Another pine Sol/Chemical tasting beer like last week. This flavor profile must be the latest thing. It's unlikely for two different brewers to have the same issues. Not my cup of tea, but at least this one didn't make me spit it out right away.

Money Gun - Supposed to be an NE IPA. taste more like West Coast. Some pine in this, but it's in the background. Decent.

PXL_20220828_162223941.jpg
PXL_20220828_163831389.jpg
PXL_20220828_174048025.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Three beers today.

Industrial Arts "Cold IPA" -an IPL. Very good! Nice change from the usual. Perhaps to many IBU's, but Industrial Arts never fails to make a high quality product, even if the style isn't your favorite.

Fall of Song - Another pine Sol/Chemical tasting beer like last week. This flavor profile must be the latest thing. It's unlikely for two different brewers to have the same issues. Not my cup of tea, but at least this one didn't make me spit it out right away.

Money Gun - Supposed to be an NE IPA. taste more like West Coast. Some pine in this, but it's in the background. Decent.

View attachment 259408View attachment 259409View attachment 259410

All the IPA varients one could like.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Pumpkin Blaster by Sugar Creek.

"A malty German-style ale inspired by the flavors of fall. Copious amounts of pumpkin are added into the mash with a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Toasted NC Malts add a freshly-baked graham cracker note. The beer is finished with Vanilla Beans from Madagascar and measures 7% ABV."

This might be the first beer that's mostly pumpkin (as opposed to pumpkin spice - which there really wasn't much of at all) that I've kind of liked. Wish it had a bit bit more of the spice. Definitely not in my highest category, but still a "Solid Pumpkin Choice".

PXL_20220828_212932116.jpgPXL_20220828_212910078.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Staff sales fill your own bag $3.50 usd. In addition to pancake mix and various other items.

IMG_20220830_171408.jpg

Italian wine retails for $20 a bottle and a couple of hazy pale ales that look good. Problem wait a couple of days or four to sample.

This week's accessory to dinner.

Monteith's Great Divide PA.
IMG_20220830_174222.jpg
Generic macro beer thought it was ok but it grew on me enough to order a second. Lack of better options as the pilsner was decent but previously reviewed Tuatara and DB Export are ok and fairly meh.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Ack, friend who I happy hour with just tested positive for COVID :-( We were going to do in person for the first time in ages tomorrow.

--------------------------------------

Meanwhile, this one was while playing 13th Age last night.

Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ale. - "Pumpkin Patch Ale is made with whole pumpkins that we chop up and roast by hand. The hand roast allows us to caramelize the natural sugars exactly as we like, which when combined with a delicate balance of spices creates the signature flavor of our classic fall-themed brew. We know you’ll appreciate the effort when you taste the difference roasting real pumpkins makes."

I wished the last one had more spice, I wish this one had a bit less pumpkin. If I could combine the pumpkin on the Sugar Creek Pumpkin Blaster with the spice on this one, I think it would be a great pumpkin Ale. As it is, another "Solid Pumpkin Choice", but doesn't crack the top tier.

87=Very Good (3.85/5) on Beer Advocate. 6.1% ABV, 25 IBU.

PXL_20220831_230926122.jpgPXL_20220831_230903785.jpg

Remove ads