Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Zardnaar

Legend
Found old faithful back of fridge.
20240209_174857.jpg

Still good. Bought 2 beers first time in a month.
20240211_161620.jpg

20240211_161806.jpg

Ukrainian. Gone off beers brewed in St Petersburg for some reason.

Initial impressions were positive. Nice malted caramel taste. Crisp lager right up my alley.

Lacks a bit of bite. Closer look I think it's non alcoholic oops. The other one is 4.5%.

Eh it's nice and it's not like I drink it for the booze content outside camping. That was last month.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Beer run.

Five stouts and an ale (three new, three revisits):
1000004288.jpg

Six wheat beers (again, three new and three revisits):
1000004287.jpg

A lot are local/regional crafts, the wheat revisits are imports.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
"Perception is Spoonfed" by Divine Barrel Brewing. A "Berliner Weisse Style Ale with key lime, coconut, vanilla, graham crackers, and marshmallow".

If they were aiming for a wheat beer that tastes like key lime pie they knocked it out of the park. I'm not sure if that's an aim one should have or not, but I can't stop taking sips.

1000004351.jpg1000004349.jpg

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
If they were aiming for a wheat beer that tastes like key lime pie they knocked it out of the park. I'm not sure if that's an aim one should have or not, but I can't stop taking sips.
Naukabout Brewing on Cape Cod did/does a series of milkshake IPAs that are based on pies and every one I've had, including the key lime, has been excellent. If you can get your hands on them, they're wicked tasty.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I wasn't expecting tons since it is an ale and not a porter or stout, but kind of disappointing anyway. Flavors aren't standing out.

1000004417.jpg1000004416.jpg

Remove ads