VOLO'S GUIDE - Check Out This Froghemoth Preview

An cavern with lots of deep pools of stinking water would definitely be a bit of a nightmare of a place to fight this thing. With stealth +5 it's unlikely to surprise the party, but might make a decent attempt at it; though thinking about it, with Passive Perception 19 and a 'passive stealth' score of 15 it is actually quite likely to spot a Rogue and then get the jump on them, resulting in very unhappy times for the Rogue indeed.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I used a froghemoth in a D&D 4e adventure. An entire tribe of grippli lived on her back. They worshiped her, calling her The Wart Mother. So on top of the Wart Mother's vicious attacks, dozens of poisoned blowgun darts came flying off her back.

darjr

I crit!
Fun but there is foul language NSFW

[video=youtube;DPpQ43DWmX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpQ43DWmX8[/video]

JeffB

Legend
I don't recall much lore about the froghemoth, but this lore seems A-OK. The link with bullywugs is obvious, but fun! The otherworldly bit seems...out of place...but easily ignored.

It was originally one of the Alien creatures on the crashed starship in S3

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The 20-ft tentacle reach mitigates some of the ranged issue, but you definitely want to fight this thing in a crowded swamp where the PC's can't move freely, have to navigate between pools and trees, and where plenty of cover can help the beast.

I don't recall much lore about the froghemoth, but this lore seems A-OK. The link with bullywugs is obvious, but fun! The otherworldly bit seems...out of place...but easily ignored.

I would refer you to the "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks" adventure, and their origin.

Not "out of place" per se, but yes, easily ignored or refluffed.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases