• Just the 5e core skills

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No core skills; use attributes instead

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No core skills; use attributes and also class skills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No core skills; use attribute and also background/culture skills

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No core skills; use attributes, class, background, and culture skills together

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • For Lanefan: Roll under your attribute (plus proficiency bonus, if there are class/bg skills)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • For Lanefan: Keep the 5e standard of rolling above the DC.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Poll closed .

Faolyn

(she/her)
So yeah, there was mutually-exclusive tie. And I'm adding my favorite option back in as well, because I can. :D

Also, just for @Lanefan, one other question

(Because this one is particularly important, I extended the deadline to 4 days)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Wish I'd seen the earlier post, I could plug my "Medieval virtues" method: you have four Skills: Fortitude, Justice, Prudence, and Temperance. Rogues have proficiency in Fortitude (which is associated with the peasantry), Clerics with Prudence (which is associated with the clergy), Fighters with Justice (associated with the aristocracy), and Wizards with Temperance (associated with the merchant class).

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Wish I'd seen the earlier post, I could plug my "Medieval virtues" method: you have four Skills: Fortitude, Justice, Prudence, and Temperance. Rogues have proficiency in Fortitude (which is associated with the peasantry), Clerics with Prudence (which is associated with the clergy), Fighters with Justice (associated with the aristocracy), and Wizards with Temperance (associated with the merchant class).
Justice, prudence...those sound very goodly and virtuous. How do they apply to less-than-goodly members of those classes?

Otherwise, intriguing idea.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
just to clarify, attributes would be like skills except broader and not stat associated, having the 'thievery' attribute would give you proficiency on say, dex based sneaking and hiding, inteligence based investigating the vunerabilities of a building's security or charisma based bluffing?

Remove ads